Turner Broadcasting Technical Production Manager, DC Technical Operations in Washington, District Of Columbia
Posting Job Title Technical Production Manager, DC Technical Operations
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Production/Post-Production
United States - District of Columbia - Washington
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
This is our story.
CNN Technical Operations is at the center of our global live media experience. We are the team with a front row seat to every story, every show, and every event as history is made before our eyes. We are a home for opportunities: to be part of the action, to grow, to develop, and to influence. We are the spirit behind the movement to #gothere. We are CNN. Will you join us?
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play?
Be the eyes, ears and heart of a TV production! Technical Production Managers are the backbone of production, coordinating every detail in CNN's live control rooms.
What will you be doing?
- Working with editorial & production to book studios and live locations.
- Roll satellite trucks for field production for live air.
- Facilitating technical & logistical traffic to support live news shows.
- Safeguard CNN air ensuring that feeds meet CNN quality standards.
- Working with show directors to set-up look of live shots.
- Assigning, establishing and coordinating IFB and PL lines in the live control room.
- Being responsible for managing & maintaining control room intercom show files and incoming router assignments.
Supporting editorial & production staff on use of control room technology. What do you bring?
You're a news junkie.
- You have technical know-how and strong communications skills.
- That's what it takes to rise to the top of this team.
- An ability to work in a high pressure, 24/7 news environment.
- You've worked in live TV production for 5 years.
- You have a strong working knowledge of AZ Edit, Evertz multi-viewers and iNews.
- An undergraduate degree or relevant experience with lines, satellites and technical facilities.
But wait, there's more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer.
- 2015 Best Company for Working Mothers.
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career.
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.