Turner Broadcasting Studio Operator I, DC Technical Operations - CNN in Washington, District Of Columbia
Posting Job Title Studio Operator I, DC Technical Operations - CNN
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Production/Post-Production
United States - District of Columbia - Washington
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
What part will you play, what will you be doing?
Studio Operator is a broad job title that encompasses a great variety of skills and assignments:
- Studio crews (pedestal cameras, hand-held, jib and Steadicam, Audio Assist and Utility)
- Video shading (responsible for maintaining acceptable video levels for incoming, outgoing and internal signals, and initial daily set-up and shading of studio cameras).
- Flash Control (control robo cameras and lighting; establish/designate IFBs and Comms)
- VISTA Projector Control (create effects and scripts, route feeds and control playback of servers feeding video wall)
One of the keys to our success is the close-knit nature of the working relationship within our crews and with their managers, Directors, Technical Directors, Audio Designers, talent and producers. CNN is a 24/7 news operation and this position will include working on weekend shows.
What do we need from you?
- 3 years experience in a facility (network, station, production house) engaged in multiple camera production.
- Strong video experience preferred.
- Experience with using a studio camera and robotic systems preferred.
- Must be able to succeed under the pressure of a live television production environment, exhibit great attention to detail, and be a team player.
- Must be able to prioritize and service multiple requests, demonstrate analytical and problem solving skills, remain calm under pressure, and show a willingness to learn and embrace new technologies.
- Must be available to work weekends
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Tu rner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.