Turner Broadcasting Security Officer in Washington, District Of Columbia
Posting Job Title Security Officer
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Security/Fire
United States - District of Columbia - Washington
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook
What will you be doing?
- Patrols assigned areas of facilities or grounds according to established schedule(s).
- Investigates unusual occurrences.
- Writes incident reports on actual or potential loss of company, employee, tenant, or visitor property through fire, theft, or vandalism.
- Interviews victims, witnesses, and suspects.
- Responds to emergency situations of various types at all TBS locations.
- Responses may include activities such as crowd control, physical intervention, and other similar activities.
- Performs security inspection tours; documents and notifies appropriate personnel of problems, as necessary.
- Questions or detains suspicious individuals or criminal violators on TBS property.
- Manages unruly, abusive, or injurious individuals according to established policies and procedures.
- Mans security checkpoints in order to screen and control access to priority space.
- Escorts employees, staff, visitors, and tenants to parking facilities, as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What do we require from you?
- Must be able to follow complex directions.
- Must be able to work rapidly in situations of high stress.
- Ability to work independently, communicate effectively, and work with multiple supervisors.
- Must be able to respond to fire drills and alarms and follow the standard protocol within acceptable period of time.
- Must possess a high school diploma or G.E.D.; be able to read and write in order to review and complete required incident reports and perform various record keeping activities at a level normally acquired through completion of high school.
- Must be at least 21 years of age, possess a valid vehicle operator's permit or license and have a responsible driving record.
- Should possess interpersonal skills necessary to effectively interact and communicate with a variety of TBS employees, tenants, and visitors, sometimes under potentially stressful situations.
- Must possess analytical skills necessary to inspect TBS property, ensure security of all TBS employees, tenants, and visitors and prepare non-complex incident reports.
- Must possess and maintain the highest level of ethical and legal standards, to include compliance with all appropriate Federal, State and Local laws, Company Policy, Procedures and Departmental Directives, particularly as they relate to illegal substance and alcohol abuse.
- Must pass the pre-employment drug screen and background investigation.
- Must apply and receive DC Guard License within first week of employment.
- Maintain DC Guard License.
- Work requires walking and standing for long periods of time in extreme physical environments, including but not limited to heat and cold.
- Work requires one's ability to physically restrain and lift disruptive individuals of varying sizes and weight.
- Work also requires ability to go up and down multiple flights of stairs.
Must be able to successfully pass required certification training including without limitation, Adult & Pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED Certification, First Responders, and Use of Force test training annually. But wait, there’s more!
Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.