Turner Broadcasting Producer II - The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer in Washington, District Of Columbia
Posting Job Title Producer II - The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest News
United States - District of Columbia - Washington
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
This is our story.
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram , Twitter and Facebook .
What part will you play?
This producer works with the entire editorial team to help generate story ideas, report information and produce content for CNN's premiere late-afternoon breaking news and political analysis program, The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer.
The producer in this role handles a variety of important editorial tasks based on the needs of the program each day. The producer may be called upon to find and secure bookings with important live guests; to work with correspondents to script and produce tape "packages;" or to plan and execute live segments, including pre-interviewing guests and scripting questions for the program's anchor. The producer needs strong editorial judgment with the ability to craft hard-hitting segment questions based on thorough research that help to shape the segment and lead to making news headlines. The producer must also be able to select key visual elements to ensure a highly-produced segment. Must pitch compelling and creative segment ideas. The position requires a nimble journalist interested in breaking news, international relations and domestic politics. In addition to day-to-day editorial responsibilities, this producer may be called on to travel for short periods of time to produce stories in the field or to book guests in breaking news situations.
What do we need from you?
- 6+ years experience in national or major media markets is required, with special consideration given to those with a background in network or cable news production.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience.
- The position requires keen news judgment, a love of journalism and an extensive knowledge of basic television news production - including the ability to use non-linear editing software, an understanding of what makes a strong VO and the ability to write clear, concise and urgent scripts.
-Applicants should have relevant experience booking guests for live television.
- Control room experience is preferred and a strong interest in politics and news stories related to the federal government is essential.
- Applicants must be calm under pressure, excel when faced with a deadline and thrive on the chaos that comes with working in a network newsroom.
- A successful candidate for the position will be a critical and strategic thinker who is both creative and possess strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require.
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.