Turner Broadcasting Congress Writer, CNNPolitics in Washington, District Of Columbia
Posting Job Title Congress Writer, CNNPolitics
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest News
United States - District of Columbia - Washington
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
Join us as a Congress Writer for CNNPolitics!
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram , Twitter and Facebook .
What part will you play?
- This position is primarily a writing role.
- Monitor internal news gathering threads, on-air interviews and reporting, and competing news outlets' coverage to coordinate with editors about needed content for CNN platforms.
- Conceptualize and write content focused on a user-driven strategy that understands the nuances of packaging content for the web, mobile web, social (primarily Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, and leading social messaging apps), and apps.
- Pitch non-breaking stories as time allows and news warrants.
- Work with editors to produce sections, special coverage pages, or the home page as needed.
- Create sharp headlines.
- Prioritize the most social stories.
- Make independent judgments and decisions on whether content is native to mobile, and it is suitable for our platforms and audiences.
- Have a passion for political news and be unafraid to build the future of journalism on the web with the urgency politics demands and determined to define some of the country's most important political stories for the mobile social generation of news consumers.
What do we need from you ?
- Bachelor's degree and 4+ years experience in an editorial role at a traditional or digital native news organization.
- Sound editorial and social judgment; excellent writing and visual communication skills
- Strong content management system experience on desktop web, mobile web, and mobile.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment making independent decisions.
- Proven experience for developing audiences across web, mobile web, social accounts, through SEO.
- Strong understanding of mobile, apps, and social (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Experience in a video-led operation a plus.
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2017 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.