Turner Broadcasting 2018 Fall Intern - CNN Newsource DC in Washington, District Of Columbia
Posting Job Title 2018 Fall Intern - CNN Newsource DC
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Internship/Trainee News
United States - District of Columbia - Washington
Position Type Intern
Posting Job Description
The CNN Story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
What does our department do?
Internships with CNN Newsource involve supporting the production teams' efforts in providing live and pre-produced news content to more than 800 CNN-affiliated clients in North America.
What will you be doing?
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting producers and news managers gather elements for broadcast, recording/logging news and political events as they happen, participate in newsgathering assignments in the field, as well as assisting with Newsource social media efforts and sales and service logistics for the Newsource DC Production business.
- In addition, interns support the operation by fielding phone call requests from news clients and helping plan, produce and execute on and off-site live broadcasts. What do we need from you?
In order to facilitate the learning experience, the following qualifications are preferred:
- Broadcast Journalism, Media or Communications major
- Strong current events knowledge and interest in news and politics
- Knowledge of CNN news platforms (network shows, website) is helpful.
- Candidates should also be motivated, detail-oriented multi-taskers who function well under deadline pressures.
What’s so great about this internship?
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands! Please Note:
Fall 2018 program dates are September 10ththrough December 7th.
- Interns are paid at or above minimum-wage based on location and relocation is not provided.
- Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation.
- Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
- Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
- Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
Tu rner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.