Turner Broadcasting Manager, Business Intelligence in Singapore, Singapore
Posting Job Title Manager, Business Intelligence
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Big Data/Analytics
Singapore - Singapore
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, Cartoon Network, Boomerang, Oh!k, truTV, TCM, TNT, Warner TV, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first-class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. At Turner, we believe diversity and inclusion are business imperatives so we’re looking for candidates from all backgrounds that can help us Re-imagine TV.
No matter the risk, no matter the challenges, we are one Turner . Have fun; Less Fear; All in!
What part will you play?
The Manager, Business Intelligence, delivers technology solutions that are the eyes of Turner International’s business with fast and trusted decision support.
The role will be responsible for delivering analytics and reporting capabilities to business partners within APAC that include a focus on consistency, scale, and operational excellence.This role supports the change in real-time analytics capabilities and evolves the analytics systems to provide fast, “self-serve” and “real-time” information and predictive insights.
The role develops and delivers BI and analytic solutions while leveraging cloud infrastructure.The role requires a strong statistical background and expert knowledge of data visualization tools.
What will you be doing?
- Act as an internal analytics consultant, partnering with key stakeholder groups within Turner’s APAC business to create analytics solutions, manage/improve existing solutions and identify areas of opportunity.
- Proactively collaborate with cross-functional teams and subject matter experts to create best practices and deliver consistent data, reporting, and insights across the Turner Data Cloud International.
- Be a change agent within the organization and build a collaborative community that leverages data to support business strategies and objectives.
- Actively participate in and influence discussions around reporting requirements, visualization, and data design.
- Support defining and deriving KPI’s that will measure operational effectiveness and performance.
- Prioritize team workload for maximum impact and efficiency of use.
What do we require from you?
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Physics, Computer Science, and Engineering. or six or more years of work experience.
- Extensive experience using data visualization tools. Ideally, Tableau or Looker.
- Business or technical consulting experience.
- Behavior/predictive analysis and/or data analytics development experience.
- Strong team leader and collaborator with excellent business acumen
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects while meeting deadlines and documenting progress towards those deadlines
- Expert requirements gathering skills
- Proven experience solving complex business issues through data-related tools
- Strong strategic thinking, prioritization, and problem-solving skills in ambiguous and changing environments
- 6+ plus years of Business Intelligence experience
- Expert knowledge of enterprise database tools and ecosystems
- Work with source systems, ETL toolsandSQL processes to understand/build/debug the sources of visualization data
- Expert level understanding of data architecturewith demonstrated experience in bridging business requirement and technical development.
- Experience in working with large complex data systems to aggregate, organize, and preparing data for use in business analysis. Knowledge of data tools, such as SQL, Hive, Presto, etc.
But wait, there’s more!
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands
- Cool benefits such as Summer Fridays
- More Fun, Less Fear, All In Culture
All applications may be considered for other suitable positions within the Time Warner Group.
All applications will be retained for a maximum period of one year. Turner International Asia Pacific Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer A TimeWarner Company