Turner Broadcasting Account Director in Singapore, Singapore
Posting Job Title Account Director
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Ad Sales
Singapore - Singapore
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
About CNN International
CNN’s portfolio of news and information services is available in seven different languages across all major TV, digital and mobile platforms reaching more than 425 million households around the globe, including over 77 million across the Asia Pacific region. CNN International is the number one international TV news channel according to all major media surveys across Europe, the Middle East, and Africa, the Asia Pacific region and Latin America and has a US presence which includes CNNgo. CNN Digital is a leading network of online news, mobile news, and social media. CNN is at the forefront of digital innovation and continues to invest heavily in expanding its digital global footprint, with a suite of award-winning digital properties and a range of strategic content partnerships, commercialized through a strong data-driven understanding of audience behaviors. Over the years CNN has won multiple prestigious awards around the world for its journalism. CNN has 41 editorial offices and more than 1,100 affiliates worldwide through CNN Newsource. CNN International is part of Turner, a Time Warner company.
What part will you play?
The Account Director – is primarily responsible for delivering profitable sales revenue focused on
- the large advertisers across CNN’s multi-platform business (active);
- a list of strategic named accounts (new).
The role will maximise CNNIC’s revenue opportunity across all CNN Platforms including CNNI, Digital, Social.
In this role, the AD develops strategies and partnerships to grow/renew an active set of accounts and identifies and creates new business within a named account list.
The AD is a key conduit within CNN to connect our various business units to clarify, identify and create new solutions/capabilities across CNN’s multi-platform offering to ensure we deliver solutions that set the standard for the market.
The AD also serves as important and senior representation of the CNN brand for the set of accounts under remit and is responsible for engaging with senior decision makers and influencers at client and agency-side on market insights, knowledge and where applicable, connects across our various national, regional, and global teams on Global Accounts to drive global best practice.
What will you be doing?
Meet and exceed Revenue Targets
Effective Sales Planning and Execution– Provide accurate forecasts that assist in annual, quarterly BU and own the forecast by executing on a plan to deliver on revenue targets (by quarter, by product lines).
- Large Account Development / Planning – Ensure thorough account knowledge and intelligence and use these to develop respective key account strategies including the engagement and development plan for key renewals / new business
- Protect Platform Revenue – Actively promote a multi-platform approach that delivers the full scope of CNN capabilities whilst protecting and growing respective revenue lines
Build Meaningful Relationships with our Brands
Engage regularly and proactively with key brands and agencies to ensure CNN is Top of Mind whilst lending confidence and inspiring new partnership across our new launches and capabilities
- Enhance Delivery Standards by working in concert with partner functions to clearly communicate campaign briefs, requirements including overseeing Sales Planner ensure that all pre-during and post-campaign deliverables are met at high standards
Resolve issues promptly and in a collaborative manner, equitably across all teams
- Achievement of sales revenue targets that reflect the ambitions of CNNIC 2.0 strategy with Digital at Core of a Multiplatform Business
- Achieve Strategic Growth, defined by indicators such as Firsts, Outsized Share of Revenue, Exponential Y/Y Growth
- To achieve the above with a clearly laid out plan that reflects a robust pipeline and the management of it, including planning for the long-term that anticipates Risk / Opportunities
What do we require from you?
- An experienced sales professional who has a track record of successfully delivering against sales revenue target for the assigned accounts.
- Has a strong base of Agency and Client contacts with an ability to positively influence CNN’s opportunity to do business and also to bring on new relationships in order to maximise the new business potential from advertisers and agencies
- Detail-oriented and numerate, the role requires meticulous sales management from pipeline planning and execution to ensuring revenue goals pace accurately.
- Is a Strong collaborator who is able to effectively communicate sales needs and able to bring out the best across all partner functions to deliver solutions and campaigns to high standards.
- Manages, coaches and oversees the sale planner’s role and responsibilities to implement pre-, during and post-sales requirements and processes to best deliver client requirements
- Is a strong and active advocate of the CNN brand and will demonstrate this through pro-active and regular engagement with the agency and/or client stakeholders to maximise revenue opportunities and position CNN as the global media partner of choice
- Is a reliable and trusted senior member of the team and in the industry who will inspire Confidence and Trust internally and externally
- Possesses a can-do attitude who is able to create opportunities through innovation and creativity and who pushes the boundaries and continually seeks to raise the bar for the work we produce with our brands
Success in this role relies on an in-depth knowledge of the media industry and a comprehensive understanding of the International media business across multiple platforms – pan-regional TV & multi-local digital. This, matched with a passion for the business of news at the intersection of Mobile, Video, and Social is an important ingredient to success.
The ability to forge senior level relationships and develop trust and loyalty with agencies and key clients and therefore the ability to gain access to businesses at the right level of connection is a key indicator of fit.
This is a role for an experienced and versatile sales person who is equally competent at growing and in prospecting for new sales opportunities.
But wait, there’s more!
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands!
- Summer Fridays, End of Year Leave and more!
- More Fun, Less Fear, All In Culture
All applications may be considered for other suitable positions within the Time Warner Group.
All applications will be retained for a maximum period of one year. Turner International Asia Pacific Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer A TimeWarner Company