Turner Broadcasting Manager, Licensing in Shanghai, China
Posting Job Title Manager, Licensing
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Licensing
China - Shanghai
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, Cartoon Network, Boomerang, Oh!k, truTV, TCM, TNT, Warner TV, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first-class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. At Turner, we believe diversity and inclusion are business imperatives so we’re looking for candidates from all backgrounds that can help us Re-imagine TV.
No matter the risk, no matter the challenges, we are one Turner. Have fun; Less Fear; All in!
What part will you play?
- Be a strong pillar of China Consumer Products licensing organization
- Monetize CN / Turner owned IP / Deliver short/mid and long-term revenue and OI Targets
- Develop and implement Strategies for Hardline products, including but not limited to Toy, Stationery, and Homeware
What will you be doing?
- Develop annual growth plan and business plans by evaluating existing licensing base and map out biggest opportunities by category, subcategory, the channel of distribution.
Grow the licensing business for Tuzki and the portfolio of CN brands in the China market, and ensure the annual revenue target. 60%
- Develop world class pitch decks.
- Strategically pitch licensees to maximize branding, market penetration and revenues for Hardline products.
- Ensure licensees have a full understanding and are in compliance with Turner’s business standards and regulations;
- Work with Creative team to create & execute category plans and ongoing product design and quality improvements;
- Work with online and key retailers to manage Turner’s product range and presence at retail. Implement retail marketing, promotions, and events to enhance brand image and consumer awareness;
- Monitoring and reporting on current and future retail trends and competitor insights;
- Financial planning and reporting: revenue projections, tracking and reporting quarterly/monthly forecasts, and LRP preparation.
- Work closely with China Content Sales, Marketing, Creative, as well as the regional HQ in Hong Kong.
What do we require from you?
- Bachelor / University degree and above
- Licensing / CP Industry: TOY, Homeware / Retailers: TRU, E-commerce platforms
- Sales and marketing, e.g. product development process, retail sales channels, and trade/consumer marketing
- Technical and Business: excellent PPT & Excel skill
- Strong self-motivation
- Collaboration, synergy, and partnership
- Fluent in Chinese and English
- Mainland China preferred
But wait, there’s more!
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands
- Cool benefits such as Summer Fridays
- More Fun, Less Fear, All In Culture
All applications may be considered for other suitable positions within the Time Warner Group.
All applications will be retained for a maximum period of one year. Turner International Asia Pacific Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer A TimeWarner Company