Turner Broadcasting PR Coordinator in Rome, Italy
Posting Job Title PR Coordinator
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Marketing/Promotions/Advertising
Italy - Rome
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
Would you like to work for a leading global media organisation?Do you have experience in PR? If so, we’d love to hear from you.We are currently recruiting a PR Coordinator to join the PR team in Rome.
In Europe, Middle East and Africa, Turner currently broadcasts 69 channels in 20 languages to 125 countries. It is headquartered in London and operates local offices across the region. The brand portfolio includes EMEA’s number one international news brand CNN International as well as Turner’s leading kids brands, Cartoon Network – home of global hit animation series such as The Amazing World of Gumball and Boomerang, featuring timeless classics such as Scooby-Doo, Tom & Jerry and Looney Tunes.
Reporting into the PR Manager, the PR Coordinator will have a good degree of autonomy, being responsible for coordinating all PR activities for Turner in Italy, be it guaranteeing max coverage to our free to air channel (Boing & Cartoonito), pay channels (CN & Boom) or any other relevant business (including consumer products, S&P activity, general entertainment activity). The successful candidate will maximize coverage of all our brands, products and services on business to business or business to consumer levels.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Having in-depth knowledge of the PR environment in order to ensure the best press coverage to all the Turner channels, L&M and S&P partners when necessary and Boing and Turner Management
- Recognizing the unique brand positioning of the different brands to ensure that each brand is properly positioned and leveraged in the market
- Helping to ideate, propose and carry out all PR and promotional activities(B2B and B2C) in order to develop a PR strategy targeted to increase the awareness of the brands
- Monitoring, reviewing and reporting on all PR activities and results
- Supporting PR Manager in organizing PR events aimed to increase the brand awareness of the channels, to build a better relationship with the platform and partners and/or advertisers
- Proactively establishing and maintain effective working team relationships with all support departments (including FM Central Team and international colleagues)in a FM perspective in order to guaranteeeffective internal communication to ensure that all relevant Company functions are kept informed of PR objectives
- Analysing potential strategic partners/journalists to ensure the best Company’s communication, involving the PR Manager when required by the seniority of the contact
Knowledge and experience required
- University degree
- Good networker, both internally and externally
- Good negotiation skills
- Ability to work across a range of very different brands without losing focus
- Organization and planning
- Problem analysis and problem-solving
- Fluent in Italian and English
- Persuasiveness and adaptability
A sense of urgency when required, and capability to prioritize and organize the workflow Desirable:
Confidence in other languages (apart from Italian & English)
Working from our office in Rome, you will have the opportunity to work for a truly global media company. With global scope and local focus, we’ll find and share stories that matter to our diverse audiences and clients.
Less Fear, More Fun, All In.
Don’t forget to check out ourFacebook pageto see what life is like at Turner!