Turner Broadcasting Senior Research Analyst in Paris, France
Posting Job Title Senior Research Analyst
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Research
France - Paris
Position Type Temporary
Posting Job Description
Would you like to work for a leading global media organisation?Do you have experience in research ? If so, we’d love to hear from you.We are currently recruiting a Senior Research Analyst to join the CNN International Audiences and Data team in Paris for an 8-month fixed-term position.
CNN International Commercial (CNNIC) is the division of Turner International responsible for the business operations of CNN’s properties outside of the United States. All the commercial activities for brands such as CNN International, CNN en Español, CNN Arabic, CNN Style, CNNMoney and Great Big Story are aligned within the division. This encompasses the advertising sales, sponsorship partnerships, commercial content development, content sales, brand licensing, distribution and out-of-home operations, business development and marketing for the world’s leading international news provider. CNNIC is a recognised industry leader in international advertising sales and its use of award-winning commercial content, produced through its Create unit and driven by its advanced data usage and digital capabilities, has resulted in strong and enduring partnerships with many of the world’s most recognised brands. Its Content Sales and Licensing unit has relationships with more than 1000 affiliates ranging from licensing the CNN brand through to content supply contracts as well as offering consultancy services. CNNIC has offices across the world, with key hubs in London, Hong Kong and Miami. For more information visit http://commercial.cnn.com
Reporting to the Senior Research Manager, the Senior Research Analyst willprovide research support and thought-provoking insight into the EMEA Commercial teams (Sales, Create, Business Development and Strategic Planning) in the development of advertising sales (TV and digital).
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Using best research available to help the London Ad Sales teams win and retain advertisers on CNN brands worldwide, including day to day management of a wide range research requests.
- Working on every stage of the research process through to the analysis and presentation of competitive research data, reach & frequency analysis, syndicated audience research and bespoke projects.
- Working across all commercial teams to proactively support CNNi digital expansion through innovative analysis techniques.
- Maintaining and enhancing TV analysis to ensure a full picture of our product/audience is given across platforms
- Developing, commissioning and managing quantitative and qualitative research and analyses to support insight projects and advertising effectiveness studies
- Proactively analysing data and present reports from syndicated and proprietary projects internally and externally
Knowledge and experience required
- Knowledge of data analysis software (e.g. IMS, Adobe Analytics, Telmar) and familiar with key TV and online consumer research and audience measurement sources
- Previous experience in a media and/or research environment
- Good understanding of quantitative and qualitative research concepts and survey methodologies
- Fluent with Microsoft office (particularly PowerPoint and Excel)
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with key contacts at varying levels of seniority within the business.
- Ability to present to all levels of business
- Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a global team
Excellent data analysis skills and attention to detail Desirable:
Familiarity with working in a commercial environment
- Previous experience of international media research
- Interest in news, current affairs and a strong international outlook
Working from our office in Paris , you will have the opportunity to work for a truly global media company. With global scope and local focus, we’ll find and share news that matter to our diverse audiences and clients.
Less Fear, More Fun, All In.
Please note that this role is an 8-month fixed-term position.