Turner Broadcasting Intern, PR in Paris, France
Posting Job Title Intern, PR
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Communications/Publicity
France - Paris
Position Type Intern
Posting Job Description
Would you like to work for a leading global media organisation?Do you have experience in PR? If so, we’d love to hear from you.We are currently recruiting a PR Intern to join the Communications team in Paris, for a fixed-term position of 6 months.
CNN’s portfolio of news and information services is available in five different languages across all major TV, internet and mobile platforms reaching more than 392 million households around the globe. CNN International is the number one international TV news channel according to all major media surveys across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, the Asia Pacific region and Latin America. The CNN digital network is consistently one of the top news and current affairs destination on the web.
The PR Intern will support to the Paris-based PR team by handling specific initiatives and projects which support the overall communications strategy. The successful candidate will work across consumer and commercial campaigns, this role provides administrative and written support for the busy Paris press office team and offers the opportunity to gain an insight into the workings of the world’s leading newsgathering organisation.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Preparing France coverage summaries to be shared with CNN’s stakeholders
- First point of contact for general telephone enquiries to press office
- Pitching in stories to media contacts mainly across French-Speaking countries in mainstream press and bloggers
- Researching, drafting and distributing press materials on CNN International programming, on exclusive breaking newsand on CNN International’s ad sales initiatives.
- Exploring PR opportunities arising from the channel’s ad sales and digital activity.
- Assisting in the research, development and implementation of communication plans for key ad sales, digital and research initiatives.
- Translating press materials from English to French
- Assisting in the organization of local events (conferences, private exhibitions…)
- Support Communications Executive in day-to-day tasks
- Contribution to social media on CNN France PR Twitter account, building social media relationships
Knowledge and experience required
- Proven strong, accurate writing ability, with excellence for grammar and punctuation in both French and English
- Good copywriting skills and the ability to research and draft releases
- Planning and organisational skills. The ability to plan ahead, anticipate deadlines and manage a variety of projects at the same time.
- A good eye for detail
- Excellent IT knowledge across Microsoft Office packages, Photoshop skills preferable
- Ability to prioritise issues/demands and effectively handle enquiries when other team members are out of the office
Understanding of social media tools especially Twitter, Instagram and Facebook Desirable:
Educated to Master’s degree level or equivalent
- Keen interest in current affairs, advertising, digital and tech
- Previous experience of PR would be an advantage
Working from our office in Paris, you will have the opportunity to work for a truly global media company. With global scope and local focus, we’ll find and share stories that matter to our diverse audiences and clients.
Less Fear, More Fun, All In.
Please note that this role is a 6-month fixed-term position.
Don’t forget to check out our Facebook page to see what life is like at Turner!