Turner Broadcasting Summer 2018 Intern - Design, truTV in New York, New York
Posting Job Title Summer 2018 Intern - Design, truTV
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Creative
United States - New York - New York
Position Type Intern
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you truTV, CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
What part will you play?
truTV is a creator-driven comedy network that’s broadcast across multiple platforms. We’re seeking an enthusiastic design intern to assist in all things marketing, including on-air promos, off-air print collateral, social media and digital content. Our intern will work directly with animators, designers, writers and producers.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone that is looking to get gain experience as a graphic designer in a professional setting. This position is based in New York City.
What will you be doing?
- Preparing/sizing files for digital and social media formats
- Performing photo research
- Occasionally designing brand-related pieces under the direction of the Art Director
- Assisting the Art Director with daily assigned tasks
- Gaining an understanding of truTV’s branding manifesto
- Gaining an understanding of truTV’s marketing initiatives
What do we require from you?
- Proficiency in InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Excellent sense of layout and design
- Strong typographic skills
- Excellent organizational, communication, and presentation skills
- Eagerness to learn, enthusiasm and an easy-going attitude
- Must be currently working towards a BA or certificate from a Graphic Design, Digital Design, Illustration or a related field
- Photography skills are a plus
- A sharp sense of humor
- Summer dates are June 4th through August 10th.
- This is a full-time, 40 hours a week internship.
- Interns are paid at or above minimum-wage based on location and relocation is not provided.
- Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled in a n undergraduate or graduate program or within 6 months post-graduation.
- Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
- Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.