Turner Broadcasting Summer 2018 CNN Intern - Human Resources in New York, New York
Posting Job Title Summer 2018 CNN Intern - Human Resources
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest News
United States - New York - New York
Position Type Intern
Posting Job Description
The CNN Story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
What will you be doing?
The Human Resources Department of CNN in New York is seeking a Summer intern! We are looking for an energetic, positive, trustworthy, hard-worker to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking to gain preliminary experience in the field of Human Resources. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in all aspects of recruitment process for CNN New York Internship program, which includes sourcing candidates from Brass Ring, coordinating interviews, conducting interviews if needed and facilitating the administrative process, including onboarding.
- Assist with the Onboarding experience for new hires and interns, including New Hire Orientation
- Provide support in creating Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for Onboarding and New Hire Integration
- Assist team with temporary hire process, including starting background checks, confirming work eligibility, and working to obtain necessary approvals
- Provide general administrative support as needed to HR Generalist team
- Various project work as needed
What do we need from you?
Candidates should be passionate about news, self-motivated, have a good attitude, and be able to function well in a fast-paced, high volume environment. The ideal candidate will also have the following:
- Strong desire to learn the Human Resources field
- Strong client service skills with a professional demeanor
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality as intern will be working with sensitive information
- Must be very detail oriented
Proficiency in Microsoft office is a must What’s so great about this internship?
An opportunity to work with a great team with years of experience in the HR function.
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you would like to know!
The internship will run from May 28ththrough August 10th.
Interns are paid at least minimum wage ($13/hour), can work up to 40 hours/week, and relocation is not provided.
- Must be currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Applicants should be a rising sophomore status or greater.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to starting the internship Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.