Turner Broadcasting Social TV Producer - Digital, CNN in New York, New York
Posting Job Title Social TV Producer - Digital, CNN
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Digital/Interactive Media
United States - New York - New York
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
See what it’s like to work at CNN!
Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
What part will you play?
- Social TV producers are journalists, writers, storytellers and strategists on a mission to create compelling, engaging and innovative social/digital articles, videos, campaigns and other content relating to CNN air, programming, and anchors/correspondents.
- These producers enhance and extend the journalism that CNN does across platforms.
- Smart, agile thinkers who can see what is interesting in a TV segment - or find something interesting beyond the broadcast - and execute in ways that drive views, likes and shares.
What will you be doing?
- This position is a creative collaborator who thrives at the intersection of linear television and interactive media.
- This is a Wednesday-Sunday position focused on weekend programming.
- They need to be resourceful, prepared to use every tool available.
- Writing articles to editing social videos to producing Facebook Lives and Instagram stories - to create attention-worthy work daily.
- They know how to engage with audiences across social networks and are always seeking new ways to weave social voices back into the fabric of our shows.
- They are prepared to be teachers and collaborators, sharing their vision for interactive storytelling and communication with everyone in the newsroom from anchors to associate producers.
The Supervisor works with business units to evolve storytelling and provide creative direction to meet the digital demands of a diverse audience. What do we need from you?
A strong editorial sense and love for real news and politics stories that educate, inform and enlighten, told in ways that move people and matter
- Superb writing, editing and social media skills - this is not just about putting clips from TV online and telling digital audiences when to tune in
- Demonstrated success creating buzzworthy editorial content (written, video, graphics, interactive)
- A degree or a wealth of real-world experience in Communications, Journalism, Media, English, Digital Media or Interactive Technology
- At least three years' prior position working on, for or with an online news/video organization or television show
- Experience producing content for Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Tumblr and Snapchat on behalf of a media outlet, public institution or other large organization
- Proficiency shooting and editing video/photos preferred
- Hands-on experience with a web content management system
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Tu rner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.