Turner Broadcasting Senior Sales Director, CNN International in New York, New York
Posting Job Title Senior Sales Director, CNN International
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Ad Sales
United States - New York - New York
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The CNN Story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
What part will you play?
The Sr. Sales Director leads all advertising and sponsorship activities and partnerships with some of the world's largest and most sophisticated brand marketers across the country (and their agencies) enabling them to maximize their business and brand-building potential internationally, on all CNN International advertising and sponsorship platforms, reaching an elite audience of decision makers around the globe. The Sr. Sales Director role is responsible for the management of the North America CNNI revenue stream, being represented and delivered by a local team of sales personnel, all reporting into this position.
What will you be doing?
- Growing CNNI's account portfolio in the region of North America for CNNI, by identifying and securing advertising and sponsorship revenues for the CNN brand from clients and agencies based in North America with a set annual revenue target, and management of a Sales Team
- Being a senior member of the North American Sales Team, the role works with counter parts in CREATE, Marketing, Digital, Programmatic, Research, Distribution, Finance, Sales Ops and other Creative Resources to ensure that we meet client objectives and exceed sales goals established for CNN brand (across all platforms)
- Works strategically with the US (domestic) sales teams and CNN domestic upper management to identify global opportunities that can be worked on jointly
- Create and manage close relationships with Sr. members of the US domestic sales teams including VPs, SVP's and EVP's on behalf of CNNIC
Strong existing relationships within North America What do we require from you?
Proven experience in international TV and/or Digital Ad Sales, or related media field
- Demonstrated a proven record of success building large advertising and/or sponsorship partnerships with renowned international brands across multi-media platforms (on air, digital & social)
- Proven sales record of delivering (and exceeding) sales budgets and target while managing costs
- Strong agency and key client relationships
- Self-motivation and accountability
- Ability to lead and develop team members
- Fluent (written and spoken) in English
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in experience But wait, there’s more!
Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands See what it’s like to work at Turner!
Follow us on Instagram , Twitter and Facebook
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.