Turner Broadcasting Senior Director, News Solutions (CNN Digital & Great Big Story) in New York, New York
Posting Job Title Senior Director, News Solutions (CNN Digital & Great Big Story)
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Marketing/Promotions/Advertising
United States - New York - New York
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, truTV, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
What part will you play?
The Senior Director, News Solutions oversees and mentors a team of savvy sales marketers responsible for quarterbacking custom pitches and programs for CNN, CNN Digital and Great Big Story as well as developing brand positioning and go-to-market materials for Great Big Story. The position will report into the VP, News Solutions in NY.
For more information about the CP News team, check out: turnerignite.com/news
What will you be doing?
- The Sr. Director, News Solutions will manage, mentor, provide guidance and serve as a champion to a growing marketing team that straddles business across the CNN Digital and Great Big Story sales organizations -- primarily focused on digital, social, emerging, events and collaborating with integrated/linear counterparts.
- On a daily basis, he/she will serve as the main point of contact for requests by sales leaders regarding pitches, presentations, package-development, in-person meetings, media days, marketing collateral, etc tied to their business. He/she will need to field requests, assign, evaluate and prioritize.
- He/she will guide and coach their team on ensuring that insights are at the core of pitches and that overarching platform concepts are threaded throughout entire pitch deck – beginning to end. He/she must be able to research and identify trends on their own as well as collaborate with the research & social insights teams -- interpreting and gathering relevant data/info to support a story. He/she will also be responsible for training their team on prioritizing insights in deck development as well.
- The Sr. Director will serve as the ‘final check’ for pre-sale pitches on the team they oversee and will be expected to lead high profile pre-sales programs, ensuring that ideas are best-in-class, new and different and are articulated in the best possible light (reflecting premium nature of programs, clarity of ideas; clean design) and are feasible within provided timeframes and budgets.
- He/she will collaborate with marketing communications and product marketing counterparts on creation of CNN Digital, CNN positioning and packaging materials and serve as a brand ambassador throughout the organization and to portfolio counterparts.
- The Sr. Director will also oversee the development of Great Big Story positioning, development and packaging of marketing collateral (general presentation, immersion days, sales sizzles, email blasts, etc.), working hand-in-hand with management and editorial partners to develop new opportunities – architecting them from beginning to end and guiding strategy for output.
- He/she will be expected to push teams forward to drive innovative thinking and fresh ideas, leading with strategic positioning, reasoning and support. He/she should do so by actively contributing in brainstorms and leading by example.
- The Sr. Director will be responsible for identifying both issues and new opportunities and bringing solutions to the table, working hand in hand with VP, News Solutions, partners and other leaders across the organization to execute.
He/she will also work on additional special projects alongside VP, News Solutions and other leaders. What do we require from you?
Min. 10-12 years related marketing experience with an emphasis on custom marketing solutions; candidates with mix of advertising agency, digital publishing experience preferred
- Love of the news and documentary genre, CNN and Great Big Story, a major plus
- Previous managerial experience, enthusiasm for mentoring and guiding teams
- Upbeat, can-do, proactive attitude, calm under pressure
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Detail-oriented, organized and extremely creative, with an ability to handle multiple projects effectively
- Expertise in digital, social, emerging; knowledge of TV capabilities and offerings
- Expertise in PowerPoint, strong understanding of Keynote and other Microsoft Office or presentation products
- Ability to quickly learn and adopt to internal tracking systems and procedures
- Intrinsic curiosity and interest in ideation and cross-screen media consumption
- Industry knowledge and strong interest in media trends, consumption habits and social media important
- Ability to lead and manage projects independently
He/she should be comfortable with change and adapting to new situations. But wait, there’s more!
Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands See what it’s like to work at Turner!
Follow us on Instagram , Twitter and Facebook
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.