Turner Broadcasting Senior Analyst, Research in New York, New York
Posting Job Title Senior Analyst, Research
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Research
United States - New York - New York
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, creates and programs branded news; entertainment; animation and young adult; and sports media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world. Turner brands and businesses include CNN, HLN, CNN International and CNN.com; TBS, TNT, Turner Classic Movies and truTV; Cartoon Network, Boomerang and Adult Swim; and Turner Sports. http://www.turner.com
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook
What part will you play?
The Sr Analyst will be a part of a new team within Turner Research, which will provide insights for Turner Portfolio Ad Sales.
What will you be doing?
Specific job responsibilities will be to provide an ongoing perspective on the marketplace, including linear, digital, and social media.
The ideal candidate for this position should have well rounded research / analytics experience, and be interested in a broad range of industry topics. 3+ years of experience at a media organization with linear and digital properties or at an agency in research / strategy are required.
- Has proven ability to accurately interpret trends and translate these trends into actionable data.
- Performs trend and data analyses to evaluate performance of current products, site, events, networks, programs, general media landscape, and the general economic situation.
Has solid understanding and use of software applications to extract data from primary and syndicated sources.
These applications provide Linear or Digital data, and can include the Nielsen Suite, Fusion data, Audience Watch, Rentrak, NPower, Star Media, Adobe Analytics, comScore, MRI, TechEdge, Lake5, Ad Intel, etc.
- Gathers and tracks data from various research tools and maintains data accuracy
- Analyzes, summarizes and may present results to management, clients and/or decision-makers.
- Executes, and sometimes may lead parts of, market research studies both from data available to the organization and from secondary research sources.
- Builds relationships with peers, clients, vendors to share information, accomplish work, manage and/or improve processes.
- Trains less experienced members of the team.
- Assists as requested with various research processes, reports, and projects. Work is subject to supervisory review at frequent intervals.
- Performs work to support the team in the form of defined tasks within well-defined procedures.
- Is efficient in most areas of the professional function and demonstrates specialization in some areas.
- Receives work in the form of short- and mid-term assignments that regularly require the application of independent judgment.
What do we need from you?
- 3+ years of experience, including linear, digital, direct-to-consumer, or general economic research experience.
- Bachelor's degree or higher preferred. Communications, media, marketing, economics or mathematics degree preferred.
- Prior experience with visualization systems (Tableau, PowerBI, other) preferred.
- High proficiency in Excel, Pivot Tables and Macros, PowerPoint, and MS Word applications is required.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Strong writer, data storytelling ability. Excellent communications skills (written, presentation and verbal) is a must.
- Demonstrates the ability to collaborate, meet deadlines, and produce accurate, detailed results
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.