Turner Broadcasting Sales Planner - Direct Response in New York, New York
Posting Job Title Sales Planner - Direct Response
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Ad Sales
United States - New York - New York
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
What part will you play?
The Sales Planner role is crucial to the day-to-day running of the Sales team and works across every aspect of the sales business, which includes pitches, proposals to clients and general sales intelligence, collateral and support. They will also assist in the coordination and communication, account management and agency & client engagement.
What will you be doing?
- Daily monitoring of the Account Executive's on-air schedules.
- Conducts research and analysis to determine best advertising inventory; customizes and recommends sales plans for targeted audiences/clients.
- Provides stewardship for accounts and recommendations for makegoods.
- Develop sales presentations and proposals for AE.
- Interface with other Sales departments, Traffic, Inventory and Pricing/Planning.
- Organize research and competitive information for AE.
- Provide support to and complete additional projects as directed by AE/management.
- Attendance and participation in Sales Planner training sessions.
- Familiar with research products, Nielsen and MRI.
What do we require from you?
- Bachelor's Degree and 1-2 years of sales experience in a related field required; previous work on a digital sales team or at an advertising agency is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be outgoing, organized, efficient, team player and a strategic thinker.
- Proficient in various computer software (Microsoft Word for Windows, PowerPoint, Excel, MRI).
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2017 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.