Turner Broadcasting Research Assistant in New York, New York
Posting Job Title Research Assistant
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Research
United States - New York - New York
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, tbs, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports, truTV and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? www.turner.com
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram , Twitter and Facebook
What part will you play?
CNN Ad Sales Research seeks a dynamic individual to provide entry level research and administrative support for its NY-based team.
What will you be doing?
- The CNN Ad Sales Research department supports CNN Sales and Revenue Operations across platforms, including linear and digital.
- This position reports to and primarily supports the VP and secondarily others on the Ad Sales Research team.
- The position performs operational research duties such as downloading and maintaining tracks of performance metrics and producing reports of trends. Tasks can include spreadsheet management and regular Research reports / presentations.
Primary administrative responsibilities include scheduling meetings/conference calls, booking conference rooms, booking travel, submitting expense reports, note-taking, ordering supplies and reception duties. What do we need from you?
The ideal candidate for this position will be skilled with data, analytic, curious, and highly organized.
- The ideal candidate will have good people skills, a positive attitude, meticulous attention to detail, a knack for multitasking and sound judgment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are required.
- This employee will be a self-starter who identifies responsibilities that need attention and doesn't hesitate to act.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel is essential.
- Proficiency with Research tools (Nielsen, comScore, etc.) is a plus.
- Interest in and knowledge of news / current events and advertising is a plus.
- Interest in a Research career is ideal. - Prior administrative experience is given great consideration.
- Bachelor's degree or higher preferred.
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2017 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.