Turner Broadcasting Manager, News Solutions (Integrated Marketing) in New York, New York
Posting Job Title Manager, News Solutions (Integrated Marketing)
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Marketing/Promotions/Advertising
United States - New York - New York
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
What part will you play?
TheManager of News Solutionsis a member of the pre-sale integrated marketing group focused on the development of strategic cross-platform ad solutions and sales marketing collateral that inspires and drives demand for the entire Turner News division including CNN/CNN.com, HLN and Great Big Story. This Manager will work primarily on CNN, CNN Digital (CNNMoney, CNN Politics, CNN Tech, CNN Travel, etc.) and HLN, with potential for some work on Great Big Story.
TheManager of News Solutionswill work directly with Account Executives on client-specific requests to create original, industry-leading pitch presentations that deliver on clients’ business objectives/priorities. This person will play a critical role in the development of ground-breaking, revenue-driving, integrated marketing campaigns, helping Turner push the boundaries of what’s possible in today’s evolving world of branded content and media. The Manager will report into a Director but will also work directly with VPs and SVPs of Sales and Content Partnerships as needed.
For more information about the CP News team, check out: www.turnerignite.com/news
What will you be doing?
- The News Solutions Manager will work directly with Account Executives to develop linear, digital and cross-platform custom marketing solutions for RFP responses and proactive pitches; “quarterbacking” the strategy and development of each pitch. He/she will have assigned categories and will be responsible for “owning” and becoming an expert in those categories.
- He/she will be responsible for crafting clear, concise, best-in-class proposals that leverage data, insights, and custom ad solutions to position the News brands’ content and platforms to deliver on clients’ marketing objectives
- He/she will lead brainstorms and meetings, adding value by bringing new ideas to the table, asking questions and pushing innovation throughout the marketing process from brainstorm and approvals to overall proposal writing and pitching to clients. He/she will partner with sales to ensure delivery of best-in-class work.
- He/she will work with Senior Manager/Director/Senior Director and Content Partnerships counterparts to develop sales marketing collateral such as: new opportunity decks, category decks, content packaging, ad product positioning, case studies, etc. playing an active role from beginning to end.
- On a daily basis, he/she will work closely with counterparts within the organization including, but not limited to: activation, content strategy, brand studio, design, sales and research to gather information, approvals, mocks and details in order to build strategic presentations.
- The Manager will also be responsible from time to time with helping to manage workflow, contribute ideas, gather assets, and write elements of larger, high profile or complex projects and presentations alongside Senior Manager/Director/VP/SVP as needed.
- Support Senior Manager/Director/Sr. Director and other senior leaders with additional requests as needed.
What do we require from you?
- Minimum 4-6 years media or integrated marketing experience at a media company, agency or brand with an emphasis on custom marketing solutions. Strong digital background is a plus.
- Love the pitch process and ideating; love developing narratives to support a concept
- Exceptional storytelling and communication skills and keen understanding of how to craft and evolve narratives.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and priorities independently while communicating and collaborating effectively with a variety of stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of digital, social, emerging and TV capabilities and innovations and an informed perspective on the overall media landscape, trends, consumption habits, and challenges.
- Detail-oriented, organized and extremely creative.
- Expertise in PowerPoint, strong understanding of Keynote and other Microsoft Office or presentation products.
- Intrinsic curiosity and interest in the News marketplace and cross-screen media consumption.
- Ability to quickly learn and adopt to internal tracking systems and procedures.
- Upbeat, can-do, proactive attitude, with calm under pressure and a sense of humor.
Driven to create and innovate! But wait, there’s more!
Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands See what it’s like to work at Turner!
Follow us onInstagram , Twitter and Facebook
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.