Turner Broadcasting Manager, Market Place Experience - NY in New York, New York
Posting Job Title Manager, Market Place Experience - NY
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Marketing/Promotions/Advertising Other
United States - New York - New York
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
/ Our Story
TBS, Inc. is an American Media conglomerate and division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! For more information, please visit: http://www.turner.com/
What part will you play?
The Manager, Market Place Experience is responsible for supervising and coordinating all aspects of, approx. 12 -15, mid-size to large scale events, annually, with budgets ranging from 150k -300k. In addition to leading events, the Manager provides support to other team members on approx. 3 - 6 events, annually, in which they are not the project lead.
*This position requires extensive travel.
What will you be doing?
- Managing the development, execution and implementation of every facet of mid to large scale events
- Develop working budgets based on client feedback
- Developing structure and flow of the event
- Venue Selection
- Provide direction to project team when they are the lead and assistance on additional events they are supporting
- Collaborate with Marketing & Ad-Sales on the event branding
- Responsible for creative design for the overall look of the event
- Understanding large scale production needs and identifying appropriate partner resources to implement production related elements
- Creates and manages Production & Onsite Schedules
- Manage team and vendors onsite
- Works to meet and exceed department & company goals and objectives
- Implement Event Marketing Best Practices and Criteria for Success
- Provides guidance and training to junior members of the team
- Post event closure including vendor payments, final budget and billouts
Develop staffing needs and assign responsibilities accordingly including:
- Offsite Dinners & Parties
- Event Ticket assignment & Distribution
- Entertainment & Transportation
- Merchandise & Gifts
- Collateral Materials (Invitations, Welcome Letters, etc.)
- Guest List Management & Registration
- Activities, Hotel: Rooming List, Food & Beverage, Hospitality Suite
What do we require from you?
- Bachelors degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in event coordination/event planning, or similar field.
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2015 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, CNN, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS See what it’s like to work at Turner!
Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.