Turner Broadcasting Inventory Analyst in New York, New York
Posting Job Title Inventory Analyst
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Business Intelligence
United States - New York - New York
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook
What part will you play?
- Build data visualizations and standardized report suites to meet the always on needs of the business
- Develop machine learning models to help answer business questions and to create new data driven capabilities
- Partner with Yield Management to understand and address the analytics needs of digital ad sales
What will you be doing?
- Partner with Platform team to understand Turner's Salesforce implementation and data Translate business requirements to technical requirements
- Partner with Technology/MSS to develop data pipelines for onboarding, transforming and exposing new data sources
What do we require from you?
- Thorough understanding of Turner's business, ad tech, and data
- Strong relationship with peers in Revenue Operations and Technology
- To be successful in the role, you'll need to be intellectually curious, detail-oriented, open to new ideas, and possess a strong aptitude for quantitative methods
- The role requires a strong statistical background, familiarity with modern data warehouses, experience with SQL-like tools, and knowledge of scripting languages (e.g., python)
- Experience with predictive modeling or machine learning a plusWhat will you be doing?
- 1+ years of analytics experience
- Experience working with Python, Hive, Presto, and Spark
- Experience working with machine learning packages (Spark ML, Scikit-learn)
- Excellent statistics skills; Predictive modeling/machine
- Experience working with Looker a plus
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills
- Preference for prior technology or media company experience
- Prior experience with AWS is a plus
- Prior experience with Salesforce is a plus
- Ability to partner with various teams (non-technical to technical)
- Bachelor's degree preferred
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.