Turner Broadcasting Instructional Design Lead in New York, New York
Posting Job Title Instructional Design Lead
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Ad Sales Technology/Information Technology
United States - New York - New York
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram , Twitter and Facebook
What part will you play?
The Instructional Design Lead, Technology Training is responsible for working within the MSS Technology Training team to manage, create, and implement learning content solutions for the MSS Linear and Digital training programs. This would include Instructor-Led, Self-direction, eLearning, and co-facilitated training content. This position provides AMS University website, curriculum and documentation support that serves the entire Ad Sales Organization.
What will you be doing?
- Course and Material Design and Development - Design and develop compelling training materials to support job task, and process oriented training, system training, and system implementation for the MSS Technology Training Team
- Collaborate with the Training Managers to identify documentation solutions, needs, and design
- Provide material creation outline for development and timeline and manage the development project through timely delivery
- State instructional end goal and create content that matches
- Describe and visualize for the team what the training finished product will look like
- Supplement and modify current instructor-led training with PowerPoint, Participant Guides, Quick-Reference Guides, Self-Study Pre-work, Knowledge Checks, eLearning, and training videos
- Design and develop new content for instructor-led, self-direction, eLearning, and co-facilitated training
- Design and create vibrant and effective eLearning coursework and publish to the Learning Management System
- Schedule and present materials for validation with the stakeholders and address feedback
- Monitor and report on training effectiveness
- Complete regular and ongoing material updates and upkeep
- Course Facilitation - Provide training facilitation support for TV and Digital University subject-matter-expert led courses
- Standardize Training Documentation - Collaborate with the Training Managers to set standards for end-user training documentation and apply consistently to all products
- Work closely with the Business Analysts to ensure all functionality is captured in product documentation
- Manage to the expectation that all documentation should look professional and consistent across Linear and Digital
- Upkeep the AMS University website functionality and documentation
- Act as System Admin for AMS University website
What do we require from you?
- 5+ years experience in instructional design
- 5+ years experience using eLearning authoring tools like Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline, Composica
- 1+ years experience facilitating training
- 5+ years experience using Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Instructional Design Certification
- Bachelor degree preferred, particularly in Adult Education/System Learning or Instructional Technology
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2017 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.