Turner Broadcasting Fall 2018 CNN Intern - Video News in New York, New York
Posting Job Title Fall 2018 CNN Intern - Video News
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest News
United States - New York - New York
Position Type Intern
Posting Job Description
The CNN Story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
What does our department do?
The Digital Video news team produces, shoots and edits video for all CNN Digital platforms, including desktop, mobile and social. We work closely with correspondents and producers around the globe to cover breaking news and the issues that matter to our audience.
What will you be doing?
The Video Development Group intern in New York will assist with research, planning, and production of original video for all CNN digital platforms. The Video Development Group is split into two primary units, focusing on daily turn news & feature content, as well as longer-lead series. This internship position will spend time with both units, creating an opportunity to learn a wide range of skills over the course of the program.
Tasks may include pitching and researching stories pegged to news events, helping identify stories that could be included in larger series organized around a main topic, writing scripts for videos that help put news events in context, coordinating logistics for shoots, going out in the field with producers on shoots and/or shooting yourself (depending on story) and some editing in Adobe Premiere is possible.
What do we need from you?
Candidates should be passionate about news, self-motivated, able to multitask, have a good attitude, and be able to function well in fast paced, high volume environment.Interns must have a strong interest in original video storytelling for an online audience. Some shooting and non-linear editing skills preferred but not required.
What’s so great about this internship?
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you would like to know!
Program dates are September 10thto December 7th.
Interns are paid at least minimum wage ($13/hour), can work up to 20 hours/week, and relocation is not provided.
- Must be currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Applicants should be junior status or higher.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to starting the internship Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.