Turner Broadcasting Fall 2018 CNN Intern - Recruiting & Talent/Program Development in New York, New York
Posting Job Title Fall 2018 CNN Intern - Recruiting & Talent/Program Development
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest News
United States - New York - New York
Position Type Intern
Posting Job Description
The CNN Story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
What does our department do?
The Program Development department is responsible for finding new on camera talent and developing and producing innovative content for all CNN Networks across all platforms. From recruiting and developing new correspondents and anchors to developing program pilot ideas, this group touches every aspect of new on-camera programming across CNN.
What will you be doing?
CNN Program Development interns will be responsible for supporting executives and producers throughout the development process, production of pilots and talent searches. Interns will learn to use CNN's databases to access video, conduct research and communicate with other departments within the company. Responsibilities include dubbing, transcribing, logging, researching, searching for video and sound, preparing reports and assisting with production and administrative tasks. New ideas are encouraged in this "think tank" atmosphere. Interns in this department should have a passion for television news and be read into cable and broadcast news as well as digital outlets. Essential skills include superior research abilities and fastidious organization. Awareness of the television news climate is vital while interning in this group.
What do we need from you?
Candidates should be passionate about news, self-motivated, able to multitask, have a good attitude, and be able to function well in fast paced, high volume environment.
What’s so great about this internship?
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you would like to know!
Program dates are September 10thto December 7th.
Interns are paid at least minimum wage ($13/hour), can work up to 20 hours/week, and relocation is not provided.
- Must be currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Applicants should be junior status or higher.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to starting the internship Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.