Turner Broadcasting Fall 2018 CNN Intern - NY News Bureau in New York, New York
Posting Job Title Fall 2018 CNN Intern - NY News Bureau
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest News
United States - New York - New York
Position Type Intern
Posting Job Description
The CNN Story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
What does our department do?
The New York bureau of CNN is responsible for news coverage in the northeast region of the country. Journalists cover a wide range of subjects including terrorism, politics, business, social issues and trends. Content generated by the bureau is coordinated with the key programs on CNN US, but also appears across the platforms of the CNN Newsgroup.
What will you be doing?
Interns gain insight into the editorial process while interning at CNN NY. They strengthen their research skills while contributing to segments and wires and being paired with reporters and producers on both breaking news and ongoing stories. Interns also have the occasional opportunity to accompany producers on stories. In production, interns learn how to set up a script with appropriate video and write using CNN's database. Interns learn how to use CNN's video and photo databases for packages and sound bites for air. Interns may greet show guests and assist in basic Administrative tasks. Intern's schedules vary and may include week and weekend work - morning and evening.
Interns have the opportunity to pitch stories and have first-hand exposure as to how stories are developed, how video is gathered and edited, the script-writing process, and how the program is built from an editorial and production perspective. Assist Associate Producers, Tape Editors, Assignment Editors, and Producers at all levels in New York.
What do we need from you?
Candidates should be passionate about news, self-motivated, able to multitask, have a good attitude, and be able to function well in fast paced, high volume environment.Must be flexible in terms of schedule.
What’s so great about this internship?
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you would like to know!
Program dates are September 10thto December 7th.
Interns are paid at least minimum wage ($13/hour), can work up to 20 hours/week, and relocation is not provided.
- Must be currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Applicants should be junior status or higher.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to starting the internship Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.