Turner Broadcasting Fall 2018 CNN Intern - Fareed Zakaria GPS in New York, New York
Posting Job Title Fall 2018 CNN Intern - Fareed Zakaria GPS
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest News
United States - New York - New York
Position Type Intern
Posting Job Description
The CNN Story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
What does our department do?
Fareed Zakaria GPS is CNN's award-winning flagship weekly show on world affairs and economics. Host Fareed Zakaria offers his take on international events and trends, moderates panels of thinkers, and interviews top global policymakers.
What will you be doing?
Interns assist in all aspects of production: pitching ideas, researching stories and guests, preparing for tapings and gathering videos. The internship provides a real look at program development and execution. Interns can expect to learn production and research techniques, assisting the team in all program requirements. Interns will also pitch ideas for a daily newsletter.
What do we need from you?
Candidates should be passionate about news, self-motivated, able to multitask, have a good attitude, and be able to function well in fast paced, high volume environment.Interns must demonstrate a passion for international politics and economics. Thursday availability is required, skills in video production and foreign language skills are preferred.
What’s so great about this internship?
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you would like to know!
Program dates are September 10thto December 7th.
Interns are paid at least minimum wage ($13/hour), can work up to 20 hours/week, and relocation is not provided.
- Must be currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Applicants should be junior status or higher.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to starting the internship Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.