Turner Broadcasting Fall 2018 CNN Intern - CNN Tonight with Don Lemon in New York, New York
Posting Job Title Fall 2018 CNN Intern - CNN Tonight with Don Lemon
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest News
United States - New York - New York
Position Type Intern
Posting Job Description
The CNN Story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
What does our department do?
Every night at 10p CNN Tonight with Don Lemon brings you the stories everyone is talking about. Our show is highly-produced and fast-paced, bringing together sought after guests with differing points of view for an energized, lively conversation every night. We cover a wide range of topics including mystery, terror, race, crime and pop culture. There is no topic that scares us!
What will you be doing?
Interns gain insight into the editorial process while interning at CNN NY. They strengthen their research skills while contributing to the show and participating in futures meetings. In production, interns learn how transcribe tape, use the various CNN databases, write for air, and work with producers from story inception to finished package. Often, interns book and greet show guests and assist in basic Administrative tasks. Intern's schedules will vary and shift throughout their internship so they can participate in all aspects of the show.
What do we need from you?
Candidates should be passionate about news, self-motivated, able to multitask, have a good attitude, and be able to function well in fast paced, high volume environment.Must be willing to work overnight.
What’s so great about this internship?
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you would like to know!
Program dates are September 10thto December 7th.
Interns are paid at least minimum wage ($13/hour), can work up to 20 hours/week, and relocation is not provided.
- Must be currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Applicants should be junior status or higher.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to starting the internship Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.