Turner Broadcasting Fall 2018 CNN Intern - CNN Español in New York, New York
Posting Job Title Fall 2018 CNN Intern - CNN Español
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest News
United States - New York - New York
Position Type Intern
Posting Job Description
The CNN Story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
What does our department do?
The New York bureau of CNN en Español is responsible for news coverage in the northeast region of the country. Journalists cover a wide range of subjects including terrorism, politics, business, social issues, sports, fashion, and trends. They also pay close attention to issues related to the Hispanic community including immigration, etc. Content generated by the bureau appears on CNN en Espanol and CNN Latino.
What will you be doing?
Interns gain insight into the editorial and production processes, while interning at CNN en Español NY. They strengthen their research skills and aide reporters and producers in setting up stories, and working in the bureau and/or in the field on breaking news stories as well as ongoing reporting. Interns may greet show guests and assist in basic Administrative tasks. Intern's schedules vary and may include week and weekend work - morning and evening.
Interns have the opportunity to pitch stories and have first-hand exposure as to how stories are developed, how video is gathered and edited, the script-writing process, and how the program is built from an editorial and production perspective. Assist Producers, Photojournalists, and Correspondents at all levels in New York.
What do we need from you?
Candidates should be passionate about news, self-motivated, able to multitask, have a good attitude, and be able to function well in fast paced, high volume environment.
What’s so great about this internship?
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you would like to know!
Program dates are September 10thto December 7th.
Interns are paid at least minimum wage ($13/hour), can work up to 20 hours/week, and relocation is not provided.
- Must be currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Applicants should be junior status or higher.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to starting the internship Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.