Turner Broadcasting Editorial Operations Trainer in New York, New York
Posting Job Title Editorial Operations Trainer
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest News
United States - New York - New York
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
What part will you play?
In this job role, the Editorial Operations Trainer is primarily responsible for building partnerships with the CNN Client to design and deliver training for CNN editorial staff. This position is also responsible for providing training and support to CNN Digital News staff in partnership with the CNN Tech Digital Operations Trainer. Primary client is CNN Editorial/Newsgathering.
What will you be doing?
The Editorial Operations Trainer works with clients to ensure they possess the knowledge and resources necessary to understand and manage their training needs.
The trainer will be exposed to many different individuals and personalities in this role, no day will be the same. This position is for a rock star individual with an upbeat attitude to join the Training Team.
The clients’ work is critical to the business, and we need to keep the training fun, creative, and dynamic. As part of the class preparation process, this position must stay current with the various news group workflows to ensure that training classes and materials remain relevant and accurate.
The Editorial Operations Trainer will be required to assist and participate in facilitated meetings conducted by CNN Tech Training.
S/he may participate in research and development, user testing and troubleshooting of systems during Acceptance Testing phases of a BEST Technology project to verify system effectiveness and workflow.
S/he may be assigned department support responsibilities as needed. Some travel may be required as part of this position. This position requires someone who is open to change, has the ability to learn quickly, communicates clearly, takes constructive feedback, and takes initiative.
It requires someone who can learn and teach multiple applications at one time while managing their time when being assigned to multiple projects.
S/he must be able to effectively manage multiple assignments simultaneously within strict deadlines. Experience helpful in using Articulate Storyline, OneDrive, iNEWs, CMS, and PowerPoint. Developing training courses and associated documentation with the blended learning style in mind. Partner with GTO BEST and CNN, other trainers, and your Manager to create training courses including content and trainer material while managing multiple projects at one time.
The Editorial Operations trainer understands and has knowledge of the various digital platforms to support the digital customer on their training needs. Project Management skills to manage a training project Conduct training classes - Class room, distance learning, and follow-up training sessions to staff on news production and digital applications taught in CNN Tech Training.
S/he develops and maintains client/customer relationships on behalf of CNN Tech Training. Responsibilities include managing client training and education needs, partnering with customers on initiatives and reporting relationship status to the CNN Tech Training Team.
What do we need from you?
- BA or AA with prior training and project experience, or comparable professional or military experience considered.
- Professional training in adult learning methods, facilitation, and/or instructional design desirable.
- 3+ years prior experience training computer users or a related field.
- Prior client service experience in an application/technology/digital support environment (examples of possible - not required - fields might be business analysis, helpdesk, field technical support, project management).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Previous experience writing training or education materials.
- Experience with Online Tutorial authoring tools. Word, OneNote, OneDrive, and PowerPoint experience.
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2017 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Tu rner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.