Turner Broadcasting E-Commerce Tech Writer, CNN Underscored in New York, New York
Posting Job Title E-Commerce Tech Writer, CNN Underscored
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Digital/Interactive Media
United States - New York - New York
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
This is our story We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
What part will you play?
Position reports to the CNN Business Development Group, focused on providing content for the e-commerce initiative, CNN Underscored. Responsible for duties across market research, editorial, image sourcing, production, and content strategy. Tasked with highlighting great deals, researching technology services geared towards consumers and businesses, and crafting carefully curated product reviews. Works with the Business Development team to build out a strategic editorial calendar based on tentpole events, sales, and relevant trending products and services. Develop content that fits with the CNN Underscored audience, but encouraged to test creative new angles on tech content and continue to expand the program.
What will you be doing?
- Extensively research, write, and produce commerce-related content
- Optimize new and existing content based on market trends and analytical insights specific to the CNN Underscored audience demographics
- Responsible for generating revenue through the CNN Underscored affiliate programs
- Work closely with 3rd party commerce partners to manage the editorial strategy for the technology vertical
- Ability to understand the data behind affiliate analytics and apply learnings to future articles
- Experiment each day to boost readership and conversion rates Level of Responsibilities/Accountability & Scope
- Strong sense of latest digital and commerce trends
- Excels at short-term assignments that often require the application of independent judgment
- Work is subject to supervisory review at regular intervals
- Operates within the context of defined procedures
What do we need from you?
- College Degree, preferably with Journalism major
- Must have at least 3-5 years of experience in writing commerce content and editing, and a strong interest in ecommerce
- Previous experience using photo editing tools a plus
- Passion for technology and gadgets, with the ability to break down potentially complex topics into an easily digestible format
- Flawless grammar & spelling
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite, and comfortable using content management systems - Strong creative and writing skills are required for this position. Must be detail-oriented, organized and have strong communication skills.
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2017 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Warner Media family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.