Turner Broadcasting Director, Strategy & Operations in New York, New York
Posting Job Title Director, Strategy & Operations
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Big Data/Analytics
United States - New York - New York
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports including Bleacher Report and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear.
Won't you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com
What part will you play?
At Turner, we are in the midst of revolutionizing the way we position our brands and connect with our audience. This team is focused on driving strategy and innovation for Turner and helping the business transform in the rapidly evolving media, entertainment and technology industries. Providing thought leadership in developing transformational strategies and identifying growth opportunities for Turner across all platforms, our team focuses on initiatives spanning across:
- Innovations in strategy around the growth of the core business and its properties
- Developing and refining the existing growth strategies and opportunities for our existing portfolio of investments and partnerships
- Actively seeking out and evaluating new venture and partnership opportunities and acquisitions
- Innovations in multi-platform storytelling and audience engagement
- Multi-platform monetization and data strategies
What will you be doing?
The Director Strategy & Operations is responsible for developing, exploring and/or growing Turner's Data & Insights Corporate Strategy.
- Own the preparation of comprehensive evaluations of new business opportunities, partnerships, and other strategic growth initiatives, including: championing specific acquisition opportunities, deal structuring and transaction documentation.
- Execute and provide support to drive ongoing strategies that lead to a compelling portfolio of corporate growth.
- Analyze consumer and market trend data as well as prepare and present financial modeling for ongoing engagements
- Conduct market overviews, competitive benchmarking and assess key performance metrics- Create executive-ready presentations and models to summarize key findings and recommendations
- Manage day to day liaising across different business units, providing regular updates to Corporate Strategy and executive leadership.
- Collaborate with external partners as well as internal stakeholders such as Programming, Marketing, Ad Sales, Corporate Development and Finance
What do we require from you?
- Pre-MBA or recent MBA graduate
- At least 5 years of experience that includes one or a combination of the following: Management consulting within the Media, Technology, or Telecom practice VC or PE within the Media, Technology, or Telecom practice Corporate development, strategy, business development, or corporate finance at a media or technology company
- Mastery of Excel and PowerPoint presentation skills (structure, build and deliver) Superior quantitative modeling skills and a sound understanding of finance
- Ability to turn complex concepts and analyses into clear, easy-to-understand story-telling presentations
- Organizational skills and ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects with several deliverables under tight deadlines
- Experience in deal evaluation and structuring is a plus
- Passionate about media, tech and entertainment- Experience in the Media, Entertainment and Technology space
- Digitally and socially native
- Outstanding communications and interpersonal skills
- Capable of mastering the details while also having the ability to distill and elevate the most important points, clearly conveying them to the right audience
- Self-starter capable of working independently who has also worked effectively as part of a small team
- Ability to thrive and take initiative in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2017 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.