Turner Broadcasting Director of Content Production - I+S Creative Services, CNN in New York, New York
Posting Job Title Director of Content Production - I+S Creative Services, CNN
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest News Production/Post-Production
United States - New York - New York
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
This is our story
We are the now and the next. We are the power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
CNN Image + Sound Creative Services: We are creators, innovators, storytellers and journalists, we are Editor/Producers, Sound Designers, Visual Effects Artists, Finishers and Compositers, Content Providers traditional and emerging, Collaborators and Synergists. We are Creative Services. We tell the history of our planet on a daily basis. The Creative Services department is at the core of CNN storytelling across traditional television and emerging digital platforms including VR/360. We edit on-air promotions, long-form documentaries, sponsored content, digital features and daily news stories. Come experience the excitement and get involved in this historic adventure. The Director of Content Production for the NY based Creative Services department is open for your application.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
What part will you play?
- Lead Video Production with Creative and Editorial Oversight
- Strategic Influencing: for traditional and emerging media opportunities
- Provide Creative Direction on content production to staff and partners.
- Develop new and creative concepts for commissioned and emerging content production
- Personnel and Performance Leadership
- Functional Business Analytics
What will you be doing?
- The Director oversees the content creation process for CNN’s Image + Sound NY based Creative Services department. This role will work with the department’s Editor/Producer staff, producers, show teams and other business units to develop compelling content for all CNN Platforms. The Director will lead and guide the skill development of the Creative Services Editor/Producers and other I+S Staff to be able to generate original content as well as editing and producing compelling commissioned pieces. The Director collaborates with Show-Teams, Documentary and CNN.com leadership as well as Directors of Coverage for National Content Center, Affiliate Content Center and International Newsgathering to evolve how content is edited and produced throughout CNN worldwide; in addition collaboration will be necessary regarding the ever changing process for bringing in content from newsgatherers for editing. The Director works with business units to evolve storytelling and provide creative direction to meet the digital demands of a diverse audience.
What do we need from you?
- 8+ years professional experience ideally in a production environment or related field
- 3-5 years leadership experience within current role, projects, company organizations or other teams.
- An established and demonstrable professional history of providing creative direction to staff and partners.
- An established and demonstrable professional history of developing creative concepts for commissioned and enterprising content for traditional and emerging television and digital platforms.
- Proven experience in mentoring, coaching or leading others. Thorough understanding of production workflows and file-based systems; including producing and editing skills.
- Proven communication and problem solving skills.
- Proven editorial judgment and ability to produce content from end-to-end
- Strategic thinking related to digital trends, social media, content management and visual production
- Bachelor's degree (typically in liberal arts such as journalism, English, political science) or similar demonstrated on-the- job experience. Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the required education on a year for year basis.
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2015 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.