Turner Broadcasting Associate Producer - CNN Heroes in New York, New York
Posting Job Title Associate Producer - CNN Heroes
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest News
United States - New York - New York
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
What part will you play?
The Associate Producer for CNN Heroes will provide editorial and production support to the CNN Heroes staff throughout several stages of the extensive CNN Heroes vetting process and segment production. He/she will mainly support the team with Research and Vetting. This person will also be involved with "CNN Hero" assessments and will provide general support to the entire unit. The Associate Producer should be experienced with documentary storytelling and should be a creative thinker.
What will you be doing?
- Identify and conduct extensive interviews with 3rd party sources
- Identify and Pre-interview strong secondary interview subjects
- Contribute to profile summary vetting documents
- Gather production assets (footage, photos, other materials) from internal or external sources and work closely with rights & clearances, the affiliate desk and assignment desk to ensure best material is acquired and credited properly.
- Read and assess nominations
- Write initial assessments of potential CNN Heroes
General Support of entire unit:
- Identify and book shoot locations; Assist with shoot set ups, booking crews, gear and travel
- Compile music cue sheets
- Photo & Footage licensing and clearances
- Work closely with Production Assistant(s) and Interns to ensure materials are properly archived/transferred
What do we need from you?
- A bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
- 2-3 years of experience in documentary storytelling or a network television environment
- Familiarity with CNN systems and databases is very helpful
- Must be able to juggle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Must be flexible and able to work long hours under deadline pressures
- Must be a self-starter, able to identify and anticipate needs and take initiative
- Must possess confidence and ability to take ownership of assignments
- Must be well versed in journalistic ethics and possess strong editorial judgement
- Must be team-oriented, able to take direction from producers and offer assistance, while being capable of meeting deadlines and functioning calmly in high-pressure situations
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills, upholding CNN Heroes' standards with those inside and outside the company
- Strong writing skills necessary
- Must be computer literate, have strong internet research skills, and the ability to learn new systems
- Strong knowledge of emerging digital technologies and social media preferred
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Final Cut Pro, Premiere, iNews, CMS, and Mediasource a plus
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Tu rner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.