Turner Broadcasting Associate Editorial Producer - Network Booking, CNN in New York, New York
Posting Job Title Associate Editorial Producer - Network Booking, CNN
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest News
United States - New York - New York
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
What part will you play and what will you be doing?
The Associate Editorial Producer in Network Booking will be responsible for developing relationships with newsmakers, talent, and their representatives as well story pitching and research. The ability to collaborate well with internal and external stakeholders is critical to this position. Responsible for pitching, generating, and booking high-volume and high-profile newsmaker guests and sources across CNN's shows and platforms. The Associate Editorial Producer will handle all aspects of producing a guest segment: editorial, pre-interviews, finding visuals, writing interview questions/talking points. This role handles special projects as assigned by the Senior Editorial Producer and will also provide support for major bookings. Job may require travel for breaking news bookings.
What do we need from you?
- A qualified candidate for this position must have 1-2 years as an associate editorial producer, production assistant or equivalent production experience with proven performance and experience booking talent
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
- Research skills are essential to this position
- Individual must be able to multi-task efficiently, execute quickly, think broadly, and have strong editorial awareness and judgment
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills are essential to this role
- Must be flexible and able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2017Best Company for Working Mothers
- Anin-house learning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of theWarnerMediafamily of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.