Turner Broadcasting Assistant Marketing Manager - truTV in New York, New York
Posting Job Title Assistant Marketing Manager - truTV
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Entertainment Marketing/Promotions/Advertising
United States - New York - New York
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division ofWarnerMediaalong with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
Seen across multiple platforms in 90 million households, truTV delivers a fresh and unexpected take on comedy with such popular original series as Impractical Jokers, Billy on the Street, The Carbonaro Effect, Adam Ruins Everything, Hack My Life and Fameless, as well as the original scripted comedy Those Who Can't. And the fun doesn't stop there. truTV is also a partner in airing the NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Championship.
truTV is part of Turner, a Time Warner company. Turner creates and programs branded news; entertainment; kids and young adult; and sports media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world.
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook
What part will you play?
The Assistant Marketing Manager is an essential role on the truTV consumer marketing team. Reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager, this individual will work on all aspects multi-platform campaign execution. They are integral to the implementation of marketing media and activations for the brand.
What will you be doing?
- Assist with the development, management and execution multiple high-impact consumer marketing campaigns spanning all paid media (TV, OOH, digital video and display, social media, print, radio/podcasts, search), social/digital activations, promotion across earned and owned efforts (partnerships, EST, VOD) and industry and consumer activations
- Submit job briefs, manage timelines, traffic materials, create and update tracking and allocation documents, help craft media plans, contribute to strategic and creative discussions
- Provide feedback and updates to internal and external stakeholders
- Monitor assets and deliverables for consistency of strategy and messaging
- Support team in the day-to-day activities i.e., schedule meetings, develop and execute presentations, organize and archive key documents, coordinate internal events and presentations, limited administrative duties including travel coordination and other misc. tasks
- Own smaller level projects including competitive landscape, sourcing and managing interns- Help oversee EST creative and video deliverables across all truTV shows
- Organize annual calendars for owned and paid properties. Ex: out of home, digital display, cross channel, search marketing, opportunistic social media.
- Maintain all aspects of the marketing budget (i.e. create POs, input new vendors, process and track invoices, create budget charts, monitor department budget documents for multiple vendors)
- Build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders including on-air, operations, PR, scheduling, digital/social, research, finance, and legal teams; work with counterparts in other departments to support team and achieve department goals
Assist team in developing marketing launch strategy and show positioning statements- Provide on-site event support, including travel, on an as-needed basis- Manage timelines, gather materials, and coordinate asset delivery for awards submissions What do we require from you?
3+ progressive marketing and/or media experience
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong sense of urgency and accountability; able to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Logistics expertise and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Social and digital media expertise
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing or related field of study preferred
But wait, there's more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.