Turner Broadcasting Anchor Producer - CNN - Newsroom 9am (Writer/Producer Level) in New York, New York
Posting Job Title Anchor Producer - CNN - Newsroom 9am (Writer/Producer Level)
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest News
United States - New York - New York
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
What part will you play and what will you be doing?
The writer/producer, NY job requires strong feature and segment producing, strong writing skills and a thorough understanding of the news business. The person who fills this job will work with a team of segment producers, bookers, and writers to create a daily program. As such, he/she must be a creative thinker who can generate numerous segments off the week's news headlines. This writer/producer must be familiar with all aspects of television production. Help book and facilitate the numerous and variable editorial, logistical and technical details essential to the addition of guests for the segments.
- pulling together all elements of segments and writing anchor intros, teases, fonts and text for graphics
- Coordinating all elements gathered for packages into coherent, compelling pieces that integrate the best video and the strongest words
- Collaborating with newsgathering and Media Operations to obtain the best elements
- Collaborating with the Row to ensure the best script
- Writing day-of scripts for program: promos, teases, opens, news, features
Effectively using video, graphics and fonts on all assigned stories What do we need from you?
Four years broadcast newswriting and/or producing experience preferred; five years a plus
- Four-year college degree or equivalent in proven industry experience
- Excellent writing skills-style, language, accuracy, organization, balance
- Ability to produce quality work quickly
- Flexibility-ability to adapt during breaking news, ability to adapt to program or anchor style
- Attitude- must be eager, cooperative, energetic, team-oriented
- Strong production vision- ability to envision a segment or package and turn it into reality
- Self-starter- ability to enterprise ideas and work well independently, with little supervision
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2017 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMediafamily of powerhouse brands Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.