Turner Broadcasting Account Manager in New York, New York
Posting Job Title Account Manager
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Ad Sales
United States - New York - New York
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
What part will you play?
As the subject-matter expert on Turner's digital advertising properties and products, the Account Manager will help us grow our industry-leading digital media practice. To thrive in this role, candidates must understand the Turner publishing ecosystem and associated products by means of providing strategic recommendations and execution plans across our site properties, including CNN, CNN Money, and HLN. The Account Manager is the post-sale day-to-day contact and liaison to our advertising clients as well as internal departments - Advertising Sales, Advertising Operations, Editorial, Inventory Management, and Finance - in addition to supporting projects and tasks assigned by management.
Responsibilities of this role include: providing "white-glove" client service, overseeing execution, reporting and optimization, and supporting the Sales team in recognizing 100% of revenue.
What will you be doing?
Client Service: The primary purpose of this position is to be the first point of contact to our clients and to provide "white-glove" treatment in order to ensure flawless execution of digital ad campaigns from implementation to completion. The Account Manager exists between internal departments and clients and more importantly adds value to each group they interface with. They are a master of processes and best practices at Turner Digital and make sure that all parties adhere to these while bringing a thoughtful and supportive point of view to the table. They are subject matter experts and provide strategic recommendations and perspective to clients while being in lock step with their Account Executive. To accomplish this, the Account Manager will: coordinate communication with internal and external stakeholders; partner with Editorial, Marketing and Engineering on the implementation and development of custom programs such as content series and promotions; work closely with Programming on effectively driving views to custom programs; plus effectively showcase milestones and successes of campaigns through weekly and wrap-up reports back to clients and Sales.
Leadership: The Account Manager will oversee campaign-related tasks for an assigned Account Coordinator. This includes teaching the Account Coordinator basics of the role and industry, helping them master all of their job functions, and generally supporting them as necessary until the Account Coordinator becomes a valuable and self-sufficient member of the team. Campaign Stewardship and
Analysis: The Account Manager is responsible for performance optimizations to campaigns, ensuring revenue delivery and performance goals are achieved both internally and externally. The position will regularly review campaign pacing with Operations and review campaign reports regularly from our ad server and other data sources. The Account Manager will prepare campaign reports and wrap up presentations highlighting major successes and opportunities and is able to identify up-sell opportunities for future campaigns.
What do we require from you?
- Bachelor's degree equivalent or higher level of education
- 3+ years digital work experience, preferably in media
- Comfortable in a client-facing, consultative environment
- A team-player with an entrepreneurial spirit, desire to "change the game"
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills; active listening abilities, great attention to detail
- Superior project management skills; comfort with multi-tasking and handling conflicting priorities
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated ability to think strategically
- Strong analytical skills and ability to draw conclusions based on data
- Self-starter who is a quick learner and capable of thriving in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to quickly learn new technology platforms and an interest to learn
- Excel proficiency including pivot tables, chart-making, and manipulation of large data sets
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Candidate should have working knowledge of digital ad serving and order management, including DoubleClick for Publishers, Freewheel, Folio, and Operative 1
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2017 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.