Turner Broadcasting Account Executive - Direct Response in New York, New York
Posting Job Title Account Executive - Direct Response
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Ad Sales
United States - New York - New York
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
What part will you play?
The Account Executive will direct and maintain the sale and distribution of inventory to Direct Response agencies and clients to meet revenue budget requirements.
What will you be doing?
- Responsible for the coordination and maintenance of all short form media schedules, including the sale of both National and Local breaks, deal negotiation, DR rate structure and maximization of revenue.
- Create and present proposals to secure business, utilizing rate card guidelines and keeping the network's best inventory interests in mind.
- Analyze and diagnose client needs and share analyses with all TBSI divisions to maximize revenue opportunities.
- Develop and maintain stable relationships with operations and sales support groups within the company.
- Be a positive team player and active role model for support staff and other AEs.
- Cultivates consultative relationships with clients, forming customer relationships at multiple levels.
- Makes frequent contact, maintains in-depth knowledge of their business, industry and key competitors, regularly updates needs analysis, monitors campaign effectiveness, resolves problems, and makes changes as required.
- Develop creative ideas and solutions for business responsibilities.
Maintain working knowledge of research products, Nielsen and MRI. What do we require from you?
- 3+ years sales required
- Experience in Media/Network
- TV and Direct Response sales highly preferred
- Proven track of acquiring new business and building and maintaining client relationships
- Strategic yet creative thinker, able to take concepts to reality
Strong written and verbal communications But wait, there’s more!
Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2017 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.