Turner Broadcasting Senior Finance Analyst in Munich, Germany
Posting Job Title Senior Finance Analyst
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Finance/Accounting
Germany - Munich
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
Would you like to work for a leading global media organisation?Do you have experience in financial administration? If so, we’d love to hear from you.We are currently recruiting a Senior Finance Analyst to join the team in Munich.
In Europe, Middle East and Africa, Turner currently broadcasts 69 channels in 20 languages to 125 countries. It is headquartered in London and operates local offices across the region. The brand portfolio includes EMEA’s number one international news brand CNN International as well as Turner’s leading kids brands, Cartoon Network – home of global hit animation series such as The Amazing World of Gumball and Boomerang, featuring timeless classics such as Scooby-Doo, Tom & Jerry and Looney Tunes.
The Senior Finance Analyst will provide day to day financial support to the local business across Central & Eastern Europe via financial analysis as well as business decision support. The successful candidate will report to the Finance Director and will work closely with all relevant departments, the senior management and the accounting team.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Owning and supporting the FP&A processes (month end closing, forecasting and budgeting)
- Preparing monthly management reporting, including robust analysis of actual results versus various benchmarks at various currency exchange rates
- Presenting financial information into clear and concise value-added analysis
- Building complex yet intuitive financial models and identify risks & opportunities
- Partnering with key business stakeholders to achieve shared goals
- Embracing process improvements to help scale the business
- Project-based initiatives (ask questions, gather data, analyze, present)
- Preparing ad hoc financial analysis
Knowledge and experience required
- Degree in Economics, Finance, Business Administration or a related field
- Relevant experience in a similar position, ideally in an international environment
- Exceptional ability to understand complex accounting structures and strong analytical expertise
- Entrepreneurial, pro-active can-do attitude and ability to think outside the box
- Convincing personality and ability to work both independently and as a team-player
- Great attention to detail
- Knowledge of financial systems (PeopleSoft, Hyperion) a plus
- IT-literate with excellent MS Office skills (excellent Excel skills required)
- Fluency in both German and English
Working from our office in Munich , you will have the opportunity to work for a truly global media company. With global scope and local focus, we’ll find and share stories that matter to our diverse audiences and clients.
Less Fear, More Fun, All In.
Don’t forget to check out our Facebook page to see what life is like at Turner!