Turner Broadcasting Licensing Manager GAS in Munich, Germany
Posting Job Title Licensing Manager GAS
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Licensing
Germany - Munich
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
Would you like to work for a leading global media organisation?Do you have experience in commercial licensing? If so, we’d love to hear from you.We are currently recruiting a Licensing Manager to join Licensing & Merchandising team in Munich.
In Europe, Middle East and Africa, Turner currently broadcasts 69 channels in 20 languages to 125 countries. It is headquartered in London and operates local offices across the region. The brand portfolio includes EMEA’s number one international news brand CNN International as well as Turner’s leading kids brands, Cartoon Network – home of global hit animation series such as The Amazing World of Gumball and Boomerang, featuring timeless classics such as Scooby-Doo, Tom & Jerry and Looney Tunes.
This new role will be responsible for developing Turner’s licensing business in Germany, Austria and Switzerland under the leadership of the Territory Head and with the support of EMEA Category Teams. The successful candidate will build and lead the relationships with Key Local Licensees, and lead strategy, planning and executional activities for those accounts. The role will involve regular travel within Germany and some travel within Europe.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Developing strategies with the Territory Head and Category Teams to achieve the business aims and objectives locally, whilst ensuring growth objectives are aligned with the overall franchise priorities and category strategies of EMEA Category leadership
- Presenting and gaining agreement and support for the Accounts strategy with Territory Head including Category leadership
Sales and Relationship Management
- Building relationships with licensees and retailers and influence decision making to continually grow our market share
- Implementing day-to-day management of licensees including contract negotiation, forecasting, product development, range plans, samples, bad debt, etc
- Supporting the Category Managers with management of Top Licensees, providing local support where needed to licensee acquisition, renewal negotiations, planning meetings and retailer meetings. Work openly and collaboratively with EMEA Category Leadership to ensure synergistic working practices and efficient licensee management
- Contributing in planning and execution of key trade marketing and retail initiatives in the Territory to deliver on Retail, Franchise and Category objectives
Finance, Operations & Legal
- Delivering against the annual financial targets in Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- In alignment with Territory Head and Category Management, developing and following the annual business plan and determine key objectives and priorities to ensure franchise/licensee/retail focus
- Ensuring that quarterly forecasts provide an accurate understanding of the current business outlook, and capture all risks and opportunities. Be proactive in delivering contingency plans to deliver on the annual business plan when faced with new risks and opportunities throughout the year
- Delivering L&M Annual Budget and Franchise Plans
- Establishing strong working relationships with the German Channel team, CNE EMEA colleagues, creative teams
- Working closely with Category colleagues in the region to align on and maximize EMEA/Global Partners
Knowledge and experience required
- Significant experience in licensing, retail or marketing with branded consumer product companies, preferably in an international environment
- Solid understanding of retail landscape and buyer needs in GAS markets
- Software skills – MS Office suite
- Strong commercial and presentation skills
- A good communicator able to engage, influence and persuade people at all levels within organizations.
- Resilient and resourceful
- Good at planning and prioritizing workload
- A proactive team player – able to work effectively with teams from different cultural backgrounds and industries, as well as with different internal teams
- Fluent in English and German
Working from our office in Munich , you will have the opportunity to work for a truly global media company. With global scope and local focus, we’ll find and share stories that matter to our diverse audiences and clients.
Less Fear, More Fun, All In.
Don’t forget to check out ourFacebook pageto see what life is like at Turner!