Turner Broadcasting Intern, Licensing & Merchandising Hardlines in Milan, Italy
Posting Job Title Intern, Licensing & Merchandising Hardlines
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Sales
Italy - Milan
Position Type Intern
Posting Job Description
Would you like to work for a leading global media organisation?Are you a team player who is able to work to tight deadlines? If so, we’d love to hear from you.We are currently recruiting an Intern Licensing & Merchandising, Hardlines to join the Licencing & Merchandising team in Milan.
In Europe, Middle East and Africa, Turner currently broadcasts 69 channels in 20 languages to 125 countries. It is headquartered in London and operates local offices across the region. The brand portfolio includes EMEA’s number one international news brand CNN International as well as Turner’s leading kids brands, Cartoon Network – home of global hit animation series such as The Amazing World of Gumball and Boomerang, featuring timeless classics such as Scooby-Doo, Tom & Jerry and Looney Tunes.
The Intern, Licensing & Merchandising, Hardlines will support the Category Manager, Hardlines (Toys, Stationery, Publishing, Food & Promotion), in developing a project related to the Food & Promotion category.
The objective is to define a list of target partners suitable for promotion in the Italian market, creating a contact list and selecting the most suitable property for the project. The successful candidate will collect international success stories in the category, and prepare a licensing proposal to pitch B2B companies in the FMCG arena, with the aim to close new commercial deals. The role may involve occasional travel around Italy.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Providing support to the CM as needed in the preparation of the project
- Liaise with EMEA teams in order to collect as much information on retail success stories, best practice;
- Update database of potential contacts to pitch, and look for the right contact person to approach;
- Support the Licensing Team in daily needs or events that may arise during the project.
Knowledge and experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Economics or Communication Science
- Good English knowledge, oral and written
- Good relationship and communication skills
- Able to work as part of a team
Very good Powerpoint skills, familiar with Excel Desirable:
Interested in kids and teenager TV and media
- Able to work prioritizing deadlines
Working from our office in Milan , you will have the opportunity to work for a truly global media company. With global scope and local focus, we’ll find and share stories that matter to our diverse audiences and clients.
Less Fear, More Fun, All In.
Don’t forget to check out our Facebook page to see what life is like at Turner!