Turner Broadcasting Hair & Make-Up Artist - CNN Miami in Miami, Florida
Posting Job Title Hair & Make-Up Artist - CNN Miami
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Production/Post-Production
United States - Florida - Miami
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
What part will you play?
- The staff artist would be responsible for airbrush and manual application of makeup to enhance the features of CNN talent and guests in a manner that provides outstanding customer service.
- In addition, the position will be responsible for completing all hair-styling for clients, including blow-drying, round-brushing, curling, straightening, volumizing, and final styling.
- Keeping up with specifics for and desires of regular clients, as well as researching the latest techniques, styles, and products, is critical to the position in order to ensure the best on-air look for CNN.
- In addition to working in the hair and makeup room, the artist will also visit sets (both on-site and off-site) for application, styling and touch-ups.
- This position will be responsible for the completion of daily client logs.
- The artist will be responsible for attending on-going training, both on and off-site.
Finally, the position requires weekend work and scheduling flexibility as hours will shift due to changing programming demands. What do we need from you?
The successful applicant will ideally have at least three years' makeup and hairstyling experience and well as airbrushing/HDTV experience.
Experienced in dealing with high-profile talent is preferred. Esthetician or cosmetologist license, or certified training from an accredited school/salon, or equivalent required.
- Applicant must be willing to become or stay licensed/certified as requested.
- Applicant must be able to effectively and diplomatically communicate with clients in order to quickly resolve any issues that arise, as well as to provide the best possible customer service.
- Applicant must possess a friendly and outgoing demeanor.
- Creativity is a must in both seeking ways to improve service for clients, as well as adapting to changing methods and techniques.
- Applicant must be capable of maintaining high performance in a high-stress, fast-paced environment. Successful applicant will be capable of maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Outlook required.
- Proactive work ethic towards constantly improving the hair & makeup room experience for clients is a must.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected vetera