Turner Broadcasting Fall 2018 Intern, CNNe (Miami) Production (Spanish) in Miami, Florida
Posting Job Title Fall 2018 Intern, CNNe (Miami) Production (Spanish)
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Internship/Trainee News Production/Post-Production
United States - Florida - Miami
Position Type Intern
Posting Job Description
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
What does our department do?
- CNN en Español is a 24-hour Spanish language news network for the Latin America audience.
- CNN en Español provides continuous news reports of major world events and breaking news stories as and when they happen.
- CNN en Español features half-hour and hour newscasts throughout the day with an emphasis on hard news and feature programming.
- Features focuses on health, medicine, the environment, entertainment, and a number of other issues that are an integral part of the programming line-up.
What will you be doing?
- In production, the CNNE intern will become knowledgeable in learning how to set up a script with images and write using CNN's database.
- Interns will learn how to use CNN's image database to locate images for packages and sound bites for air.
- In the field, interns will have the opportunity to accompany producers on stories.
- It will be a great opportunity to strengthen your research and communication skills while providing an opportunity to contribute to shows and participate in "futures" meetings.
- Interns may book and greet show guests and assist in basic administrative tasks.
- Interns may have the opportunity to participate in how show ideas are developed, how images are gathered and edited, the script-writing process, and how the program is built from an editorial and production perspective.
- Interns may also assist associate producers, tape editor, assignment editors, and producers. Interns' schedules vary and may include week and weekend work.
What do we need from you?
- Candidates should be fluent in Spanish (Native Proficiency) and English and seeking a career in broadcast journalism
- Should be self-motivated, able to multi-task, have a good attitude, and be able to function well in an environment with short deadlines and quick turnaround projects
- Students must provide a resume and cover letter
- Students must have completed their sophomore year in college prior to the start of the internship
- Student should have a strong academic record (3.0 or above is strongly preferred)
- Interest in international news and newsgathering
- Multi-lingual is not a must but would be an asset
- Knowledge of or experience in basic journalism techniques, standards and ethics.
What's so great about this internship?
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
- Fall 2018 program dates are September 10ththrough December 7th.
- Interns are paid a competitive wage based on location and relocation is not provided.
- Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation.
- Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
- Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
- Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
- Competitive candidates are typically contacted after internships are no longer posted on the website.
- Future semester Internship postings will become available after the prior semester internships are no longer posted on the website.
Tu rner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting uses E-Verify.