Turner Broadcasting Video Editor in London, United Kingdom
Posting Job Title Video Editor
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Editorial
United Kingdom - London
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
Would you like to work for a leading global media organisation?Do you have experience in video editing ? If so, we’d love to hear from you.We are currently recruiting a Video Editor to join the CNN News team in London.
CNN’s portfolio of news and information services is available in five different languages across all major TV, internet and mobile platforms reaching more than 392 million households around the globe. CNN International is the number one international TV news channel according to all major media surveys across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, the Asia Pacific region and Latin America. The CNN digital network is consistently one of the top news and current affairs destination on the web.
The Video Editor plays a key role in CNN London’s news editing department, collaborating with all the producers on the creative and editorial direction of their stories, as well as advising on aspects of shooting and post-production techniques that will enhance their end product.
The Video Editor will be required to edit a variety short-form and long-form news content using Premiere Pro, to a very high standard. The successful candidate must understand the different demands required to edit stories both effectively and creatively using Adobe Premiere Pro. From time to time, the editor will be expected to work out of normal hours to cover breaking news stories.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Editing daily news content including news packages and longer format news programming, using software such as Adobe Premier and Adobe After Effects.
- High quality and time-efficient video editing to create quality stories that meet the high standards for broadcast on CNN International, generating revenue for the company.
- Taking responsibility for the housekeeping of numerous projects.
- Making sure project media is easily accessible to team members.
- Enabling media to be efficiently shared across multiple locations.
- Collaborating with producers on a creative and editorial ‘vision’ at the pre-production stage.
- Determining a specific look and feel required to tell a story to its strengths, both from a shooting and editing perspective.
- Working on a variety of projects - from multiple edits, testing workflows, software and equipment, to pro-actively building collaborative working practices with editorial, engineering and newsgathering partners.
Knowledge and experience required
- Deep technical knowledge of all Mac OS and Adobe Premiere Pro
- Thorough understanding of media management, show archiving and distribution.
- Ability to test new editing technologies for the benefit of CNN newsgathering.
- Ability to adapt to the broadcast workflows upon which CNN News programmes are produced.
- Confident and capable of providing feedback to the senior management team on editing or workflow issues.
Ability to adapt to change and be flexible with priorities, for example during breaking news. Desirable:
Knowledge of Adobe After Effects
Working from our London office in the heart of Soho, you will have the opportunity to work for a truly global media company. With global scope and local focus, we’ll find and share news that matter to our diverse audiences and clients.