Turner Broadcasting Software Developer in London, United Kingdom
Posting Job Title Software Developer
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest News
United Kingdom - London
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
Would you like to work for a leading global media organisation?Do you have experience in software development? If so, we’d love to hear from you.We are currently recruiting a Software Developer to join the CNN team in London.
CNN’s portfolio of news and information services is available in five different languages across all major TV, internet and mobile platforms reaching more than 392 million households around the globe. CNN International is the number one international TV news channel according to all major media surveys across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, the Asia Pacific region and Latin America. The CNN digital network is consistently one of the top news and current affairs destination on the web.
This role is an exciting engineering position at CNN that is responsible for providing high-quality development and support of solutions across premium brands. Projects for this position include streaming video, template-driven publishing, design implementation, prototyping, social media integration, automated syndication of content and web analytics. The technologies are leading-edge and the environment is agile, fast-paced and large-scale web-based development.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Creating RESTful web services /API's using Node.js with or without framework assistance
- Developing dynamic and data driven solutions for web, testing, debugging, integration, documentation and deployment in accordance with industry best practices.
- Participating in workflow design and analyze existing production and implementation processes to ensure scalable solutions.
- Consistently meeting or exceeding deadlines on projects. Assisting in maintaining operational queue and backlogs.
- Contributing to task identification, work effort estimates, and work schedules for development and maintenance activities.
- Participating in the analysis, definition, and scoping of efficient, cost effective solutions.
- Working with internal departments to provide associated deliverables required for the successful completion of development and maintenance assignments (e.g. business development, database development, web designers, end-user training).
- Taking responsibility for feature-focused unit and system testing
- Researching new technologies; provide ideas for technical or workflow / process improvements, provide input to overall architectural standards, development tools, and development initiatives.
- Implementing solutions within the context of the available infrastructure, considering scalability, availability, reliability, stability, security and performance.
- Providing on-call support as assigned.
Knowledge and experience required
- Significant experience in Web Development.
- Experience with responsive designs.
- Thorough understanding of the web and web browsers, their capabilities and limitations.
- Experience with ReactJS and tools/frameworks such as Redux, WebPack.
- Experience with NodeJS.
- Experience with MongoDB or other non-relational databases.
- Functional experience with distributed source control 'Git', continuous integration, and automated testing.
- Knowledge of 'Docker'.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks effectively.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills, as well as strong attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with GraphQL.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience in media, news, and/or entertainment industry.
- Demonstrated experience of micro services and cloud services.
- Experienced with unit and functional automated testing tools.
- Worked in a DevOps environment.
Working from our London office in the heart of Soho , you will have the opportunity to work for a truly global media company. With global scope and local focus, we’ll find and share stories that matter to our diverse audiences and clients.
Less Fear, More Fun, All In.
Don’t forget to check out our Facebook page to see what life is like at Turner!