Turner Broadcasting Senior IT Analyst, EMEA in London, United Kingdom
Posting Job Title Senior IT Analyst, EMEA
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Technology/Information Technology
United Kingdom - London
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
Would you like to work for a leading global media organisation?Do you have experience in IT support ? If so, we’d love to hear from you.We are currently recruiting a Senior IT Analyst to join the team in London.
In Europe, Middle East and Africa, Turner currently broadcasts 69 channels in 20 languages to 125 countries. It is headquartered in London and operates local offices across the region. The brand portfolio includes EMEA’s number one international news brand CNN International as well as Turner’s leading kids brands, Cartoon Network – home of global hit animation series such as The Amazing World of Gumball and Boomerang, featuring timeless classics such as Scooby-Doo, Tom & Jerry and Looney Tunes.
The Senior IT Analyst will provide onsite and remote support for employees across APAC and EMEA (Turner & CNN offices). The successful candidate will work within a team of international Support Analysts from other countries across APAC and EMEA, providing additional support in terms of server and infrastructure management within the regions. This role may be required to work bank holidays on occasion, and will require occasional EMEA-wide travel.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Communicating regularly with management to report task or project status and opportunities to improve service levels, or to escalate issues as appropriate.
- Communicating regularly with the APAC/EMEA team to standardise and improve existing workflows or define new processes
- Liaising with local vendors to plan structural changes and make necessary purchases
- Managing the inventory of IT assets (hardware and software) to ensure that customer requests can be actioned without delay wherever possible. This includes replenishing stock items and building and repairing hardware if necessary.
- Designing entertainment media solutions, i.e. hardware (TV, DVD, decoders, IPTV, Blue Ray Players), connections, locations, signals and kit furniture for conference rooms or displays.
- Providing application maintenance support; investigating and resolving problems, providing information about the systems and monitoring their performance.
- Liaising with systems development staff or software suppliers on the development of system enhancements to overcome known problems or further fulfil user requirements.
- Receiving problem reports and coordinating appropriate and timely responses, monitoring progress and keeping users updated.
- Providing local, hands-on assistance to the infrastructure department, implementing services based on London standards.
- Ensuring continuous and consistent IT services during and after office moves.
Knowledge and experience required
- Demonstrable hands-on experience as a help desk analyst in an environment of +500 customers
- Previous experience working in an international office environment
- Experience using a central ticketing system
- Previous experience in hardware support
- Wide server and network knowledge
- Advanced Windows and MAC OSx knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of Post Production support
- Advanced analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Fluency in English
- Excellent self-management skills
- Able to work well as part of a team and independently
- Excellent communication skills at all levels (written and verbal), with the ability to communicate between technical and non-technical levels of expertise
Proactive customer service skills Desirable:
MCP, MCS, Prince, SixSigma and/or ITIL certification
- Adobe application knowledge
- Macromedia knowledge
- Font management in an international environment
Working from our London office in the heart of Soho, you will have the opportunity to work for a truly global media company. With global scope and local focus, we’ll find and share stories that matter to our diverse audiences and clients.
Less Fear, More Fun, All In.