Turner Broadcasting Senior Finance Analyst in London, United Kingdom
Posting Job Title Senior Finance Analyst
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Finance/Accounting
United Kingdom - London
Position Type Temporary
Posting Job Description
Would you like to work for a leading global media organisation?Do you have experience with revenue and expense forecasting? If so, we’d love to hear from you.We are currently recruiting a Senior Finance Analyst to join the CNNIC team in London for a 12-month fixed-term position.
CNN International Commercial (CNNIC) is the division of Turner International responsible for the business operations of CNN’s properties outside of the United States. All the commercial activities for brands such as CNN International, CNN en Español, CNN Arabic, CNN Style, CNNMoney and Great Big Story are aligned within the division. This encompasses the advertising sales, sponsorship partnerships, commercial content development, content sales, brand licensing, distribution and out-of-home operations, business development and marketing for the world’s leading international news provider. CNNIC is a recognised industry leader in international advertising sales and its use of award-winning commercial content, produced through its Create unit and driven by its advanced data usage and digital capabilities, has resulted in strong and enduring partnerships with many of the world’s most recognised brands. Its Content Sales and Licensing unit has relationships with more than 1000 affiliates ranging from licensing the CNN brand through to content supply contracts as well as offering consultancy services. CNNIC has offices across the world, with key hubs in London, Hong Kong and Miami. For more information visit http://commercial.cnn.com
The Senior Finance Analyst will play an integral part in the monthly revenue and expense forecasting, as well the annual budget/LRP for all areas of CNNIC, with specific ownership for all expenses and some revenue items. The successful candidate will be a change agent for our processes, driving improvementsand where these involve system changes, managing this process with the relevant IT teams to ensure a seamless implementation. The role will also involve managing the team’s intern to allow them to develop their skills and experience, which in turn will allow the entire team to add more value to the business.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
LRP / Monthly Forecasting
- Managing the monthly close process for the entire P&L of CNNIC, liaising with the relevant business and accounting stakeholders.
- Pro-actively and regularly providing timely updates to the Finance Director on key headlines of close performance.
- Ensuring preparation of accurate and timely forecasts and related deliverables.
- Preparing consolidated variance analyses that identify the business drivers behind the variances; proactively identifying opportunities and risks for the business ahead of the forecast.
- Partnering with the International Ad Sales Strategic Planning team for Advertising and Business Development revenue forecasts and budgets.
- Developing relationships with the Turner International Finance teams to gain insight into the indirect revenue (subscription) and expense movements, to inform CNNIC stakeholders.
- Ensuring that data is loaded into the reporting system accurately and on a timely basis and that the appropriate accounting standards are applied.
Analysis / Reporting
- Providing driver-based variance analysis for CNNIC revenues and expenses (e.g. actuals versus budget and forecast comparison).
- Maintaining and improving trend reporting for key areas of the business - allowing complete visibility into the drivers behind the trends and identifying potential R&Os.
- Providing monthly management reporting to key stakeholders, and amend reporting to better suit their needs as appropriate.
- Creating a KPI dashboard for the key stakeholders of CNNI Commercial to have an effective snapshot view of current performance and any key areas of focus.
- Communicating financial results to the CNNI Commercial management team, the Atlanta-based Turner International Finance team and the News team, as required.
- Ensuring that reporting contains key takeaways and is effective and actionable.
- Preparing FX-related analysis and reporting, including hedge gain/loss calculations
- Preparing and submit monthly and quarterly reporting schedules to US, as required.
- Providing analytical support and strategic input on commercial partnership opportunities where required.
- Providing ad hoc analysis, forecasting and modelling as required to support the team and the business.
- Working closely with the PSG team to represent the CNNI Commercial team and ensure all system issues/ changes are followed up on and implemented as planned. Escalating any issues to the Finance Manager as required.
- Partnering with International Ad Sales Strategic Planning and Turner International Finance teams to ensure timely and accurate forecasts/budgets and related variance analyses.
- Partnering with the Accounting Shared Service Centre as necessary to ensure seamless close and forecast processes. Collaborate on the resolution of any accounting or transactional issues, liaising with the business as required.
- Working closely with the Finance Manager and Finance Director to create a strong team ethic and culture.
Knowledge and experience required
- Fully qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACA or ACCA)
- Experience with revenue and expense forecasting
- Demonstrable experience of strategic thinking
- Experience working with high volumes of data
- Proficient in producing high quality reporting documents
- Highly computer literate including Excel, PowerPoint & Hyperion (or similar)
- Experience working in a global company
- Media experience
- FX-related analytical experience
- FP&A experience
- Experience working across multiple systems
- Experience in business partnering
Working from our London office in the heart of Soho, you will have the opportunity to work for a truly global media company. With global scope and local focus, we’ll find and share news that matter to our diverse audiences and clients.
Less Fear, More Fun, All In.
Don’t forget to check out ourFacebook pageto see what life is like at Turner!
Please note that this role is a 12-month fixed-term position.