Turner Broadcasting Senior Developer in London, United Kingdom
Posting Job Title Senior Developer
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Technology/Information Technology
United Kingdom - London
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
Would you like to work for a leading global media organisation?Do you have experience in platform development? If so, we’d love to hear from you.We are currently recruiting a Senior Developer to join the Creative Brand Studio team in London.
CNN International Commercial (CNNIC) is the division of Turner International responsible for the business operations of CNN’s properties outside of the United States. All the commercial activities for brands such as CNN International, CNN en Español, CNN Arabic, CNN Style, CNNMoney and Great Big Story are aligned within the division. This encompasses the advertising sales, sponsorship partnerships, commercial content development, content sales, brand licensing, distribution and out-of-home operations, business development and marketing for the world’s leading international news provider. CNNIC is a recognised industry leader in international advertising sales and its use of award-winning commercial content, produced through its Create unit and driven by its advanced data usage and digital capabilities, has resulted in strong and enduring partnerships with many of the world’s most recognised brands. Its Content Sales and Licensing unit has relationships with more than 1000 affiliates ranging from licensing the CNN brand through to content supply contracts as well as offering consultancy services. CNNIC has offices across the world, with key hubs in London, Hong Kong and Miami. For more information visit http://commercial.cnn.com
Create is CNN International Commercials brand studio. We work with global brands to deliver award winning content across the CNN and Great Big Story platforms. The Senior. Developer will build and implement bespoke and templated systems (and CMS driven) to support the CNNIC business and Create Brand Studio. The Senior Developer will work closely with the Creative team and digital team on client and internal projects. The Senior Developer will participate in workflow design and analyse existing production and implementation processes to ensure scalable solutions.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Working with internal stakeholders to provide associated deliverables required for the successful completion of development and maintenance assignments (e.g. business development, database development, web designers, end-user training).
- Leading a team of developers
- Developing dynamic and data driven solutions for web, testing, debugging, integration, documentation and deployment in accordance with industry best practices.
- Leading in the analysis, definition, and scoping of efficient, cost effective solutions.
- Working closely with our external 3rdParty Teams
- Defining development processes where previously they did not exist
- Creating RESTful web services /API’s using Node.js with or without framework assistance
- Working on a variety for projects to fast turnaround builds to more long term product builds.
- Taking responsibility for feature-focused unit and system testing
- Researching new technologies; provide ideas for technical or workflow / process improvements, provide input to overall lead architectural standards, development tools, and development initiatives.
- Implementing solutions within the context of the available infrastructure, considering scalability, availability, reliability, stability, security and performance.
Knowledge and experience required
- Development team leadership ideally in the broadcasting industry or media agency
- Extensive experience and advanced knowledge of the web and web browsers, their capabilities and limitations.
- Extensive software development experience.
- Technology agnostic and able to quickly pick up and lead on new and unfamiliar technologies.
- Extensive experience with advanced frameworks
- Extensive experience with NodeJS
- Experience of server-side development
- Experience of Drupal
- Experience working with AWS services.
- Functional experience with distributed source control 'Git', continuous integration, and automated testing
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks effectively.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills, as well as very strong attention to detail.
Excellent interpersonal skills, and written and verbal communication skills. Desirable:
Experience of Drupal 8
- Experience of Jira and Confluence
- Experience of managing a development team with an agile environment.
- Experience/exposure to OTT systems
Working from our London office in the heart of Soho, you will have the opportunity to work for a truly global media company. With global scope and local focus, we’ll find and share news that matter to our diverse audiences and clients.
Less Fear, More Fun, All In.